Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reunions.

God is good. And works in amazing, mysterious ways.
A while back I had a post about my great Uncle, Bill, and his friend Gene. I wrote about witnessing and facilitating their tearful reunion after many years. That in and of itself was a miracle. http://suzyklotzle.blogspot.com/2008/11/faith-of-our-fathers.html

As our late friend, Paul Harvey would say, "And now...the rest of the story."

This last friday, Bill passed on into Glory, to be forever with His Lord. After over 8 decades of a full, godly life, God called him peacefully Home. He hadn't been in very good health the past few months, and although it was hard to say goodbye, Bill was ready to go. He died in his home, surrounded by family who loved him. God is good. As any who knew Bill would attest, he loved people. From his buddies at McDonalds to his grandkids; His life insurance clients to his church family, Bill didn't know a stranger. And he was loved by all who knew him.

Anyways....
My mom called me this week asking if I knew where Gene lived so she could tell him about Bill's passing. I couldn't remember exactly, so she decided to go knocking on doors. At the first one she went to, no one answered, so she went next door. A younger man answered the door and my mom asked him if he knew where Gene lived. He said that Gene lived next door, but unfortunately, he had passed away this past Friday.

This was the same day that Uncle Bill went Home too.

And if they thought this reunion in my Pasadena driveway was joyful, it was nothing compared to the one they had on the streets of gold, at the feet of Jesus. I can only imagine.
God is good.

xoxo

2 comments:

Joyce said...

What a precious account of the meeting of Gene and your Great Uncle Bill. Gene is my brother in law. Married to my beloved sister Marilyn for over 54 years. It was truly a miraculous meeting both here on earth but greater yet, on Heaven's shore. Coincidence? I think not!
Praise be to God.

Anonymous said...

Wow. God is good beyond words!