Tuesday, January 11, 2011

official diagnosis!


I am having AWS (Auntie Withdrawal Syndrome).

Common symptoms:
-arms that feel too light because there is no constant weight in them
-nostril depravity that is due to lack of the fresh Johnson-baby smell
-daily smile/giggle quota is far from full
-ear confusion due to deafening silence for lack of cooing and the occasional fuss


My first interactions with my sweet niece Karlina were amazing and in all honesty something I cannot describe. here's some words that come to mind:
perfect. delicate. fragrant. vulnerable. innocent. adored. flawless. eye candy. curious. observant. content. aware. expressive.


Look how alert she is for only 2.5 months.



her cuuute little pom-pom hat.
According to Krissa, she picked it herself =)
They tried on all different kinds and this is the one she was happiest in!



She's so happy just laying and looking at faces and smiling!

So now you can see this precious little human who has come to mean so much to me. Thankfully I'll get to see her again in a few weeks. A little piece of my heart broke off and went with her.
This is being an Auntie.
Painful.
Beautiful.

1 comment:

jody said...

OH...the gramzy is feeling exactly like the auntie! The empty arms...the longing for sounds and smiles! I keep watching my flip footage...