Friday, July 06, 2012

summer days.

The past week or so has been pretty busy for me.  Summer is the time when the people I love and care about come and visit!  I have lots of pictures for this post...  Which is a little bitter sweet for me. See, I like to have some posts with depth, and lately, I've been so behind on life updates that it takes up an entire blog. and then I just forget to post another one.  BUT NO MORE!  (I'm pretty sure I say that every time).

With that, I shall begin my picture-laden saga.

I don't believe in putting them in any sort of order. 

 Girls night out with my cousin Bethany who came to visit.  We ventured over to Minneapolis (which I rarely do) to eat at some lovely places.  


 Earlier that day we went to visit the capitol building.  It is a magnificent, beautiful and marble-laden building. 

 Here we are inside of it.  Really is a glorious work of architecture.  Not to mention all the wise quotes that were inscribed on the walls. 



We hung out with Krissa, Karlina and Ender and did some shopping and went to one of my favorite lunch places, The Cheeky Monkey.  
 Mr. Ender is such a good baby.  He either sleeps or just hangs out.  

 Mmmm lunch was so yummy.  Karlina had a Nutella and Banana sandwich.  yummyy. 

 FIREWORKS!!!  It was about 90 outside that night.  I had just gotten off work and met up with some delightful people to watch an amazing display of fireworks over the river. 


Sierra just discovered she likes swimming.  We went to Mogler's for the morning and she jumped right in their pool and swam all around.  



On Tuesday night, Bethany and I joined some friends of mine at an old drive-in movie place.  Everyone parked their cars and applied the bug spray and they played the animated films, "Brave" and "Madagascar 3"  
It was loads of fun!!
 Bethany atop Simon's bed cover. 




 Cousinly time!


 These are my dear friends (l-r): Crystal, Chaz, Tanya, Amber, Andria's friend (I forget her name), Andria and Michelle in front. 
 It was a GORGEOUS sunset that night. the sun was red. 
 The screen we watched the movies on. 



 Cute pictures of Karlina on Sunday.  Mimi Klotzle gave her this dress, and I think it's super adorable! (Mom, I guess when given the choice of dresses, Karlina picked this one! =)




PAPA COMES TO VISIT!!!!

That morning we got all dressed up and cute!  Even got a headband/flower in Karlina's hair (which actually stayed in almost the whole day!)


Then we took a picture cuz we were just so cute. And we were pretty happy Papa was coming. 
"Hey Karlina, who is gonna come visit us?"
"*unintelligible gibberish* ...Papa?"
"Yeah! that's right! Papa's gonna come visit!"




Then we sang some songs to get ready for the day. 

It only took the car ride home for Karlina to warm right up to Papa.  Then they were best buds!
She even got a special moment we all remember from childhood of laying on his chest and having him sing songs to us.  So sweet and relaxing.

Kisses!!



Then we went fishing!  Papa caught a cute little fish.  Karlina liked looking, but wouldn't touch them! 


She liked sitting on the blanket and eating fruit snacks. 


 Or helping daddy by reading him the fishing manual while he baits the hook.  

After fishing we went to chipotle for lunch. 


Papa was drumming on the table, and Karlina was joining right on in.  The girl comes by her natural drumming talent honestly!  


Karlina wanted to carry the leftovers...and this is how she did it!  Really is a "doggy bag."  



One night while my dad was here, we got a babysitter for the kids, went out to dinner at Kincaids and then came back to the park right across the street from my loft.  There was a huge jazz festival going on that weekend and the place was packed.  We walked around and listened to a few bands play. 
 The little stage at Mears Park was transformed.

 Hundreds of people came out to watch.  It was packed! But a lot of fun! (and later that evening I could open my windows and hear the jazz float up, since it was right across the street)


It was so great having my dad here.  I miss hanging out with him a lot.  He always has such wise counsel, a witty pun or a ready hug.  It was sad to see him go, but it made me really grateful for how easy travel is these days!




Since I have become an honorary, adoptive member of the Mogler family, they take me boating with them often!  It's a perfect way to spend a summer afternoon/evening!  




Sometimes Sierra gets annoyed when I take too many pictures of her.  But she's just so cute!  And growing SO fast! 



 Miss Karlina in a swing! 





Karlina's newest favorite word is "Bum."  She had a diaper rash and so when I changed her diaper, I told her she had an owwie on her bum.  It was an easy word to say, so she picked it up quickly and would then sporadically talk about the owwie on her bum.  So the other day, she was walking around with her hand partway down her diaper on her "Bum"...just cruising and checking things out.  It was so funny and cute. 



 A parting shot of the happy guy.  Such a sweetheart!


Ok folks, that's all for now.  Enjoy the pics...I'm off to take Sierra to the dog park.  
Which I hope goes ok.  Last night, I got home from being out with my cousin, only to find Sierra in my bathtub (I keep her shut in the bathroom to minimize damages in the loft).  She sort of rolled out of the bathtub and wouldn't stand up.  Then I realized something was wrong with her paw and she wouldn't put pressure on it.  I checked her paw and the pads and between her little toes and there was nothing wrong.  It was her knee joint or whatever that is.  Had absolutely no idea how it could have happened.  Nothing was disrupted in the bathroom and I don't know how she could have sprained/broken/hurt it.  Anyway, I decided to wait it out a little bit (based on the wise counsel of unnamed people).  Later that evening she was walking on it again.  She's still a little cautious, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her too much.  Whew. Close call.  I'm glad it wasn't worse.  And I contemplated getting a nanny cam so I could see what goes on in that bathroom when I'm gone!  




2 comments:

Bec said...

Great photos and stories! So glad Ender could meet his Papa.

How was Brave? We are excited to see it . . . . it's already been "Merida" most of the time around here (with some Star Wars sprinkled in) and J has a bow and arrow she saved up for.

heysoos said...

Bec: Brave was SUCH a great story! I have a feeling J will love it...and it will definitely become the new "Rapunzel" or Toy story!
Miss you guys lots! give the girls hugs for me!