Friday, October 25, 2013

family time!

Oh so many things to catch up on.  Life has been a whirlwind of activities and a few life changes.  I'm not sure what my last blog said about my new job but...I GOT IT!  I am now completely done at Kincaids, and I work as an resource counselor for Options Residential.  They are starting an adolescent residential program which is the job that I applied for and got.  Since the program doesn't start until December 1st, I am currently working for an Adult Foster Care home.  I can't give too many details, but basically I work in a house in a nice suburban neighborhood that has four residents who have either a mental illness, brain trauma or chemical abuse, or a combination of the three.  They are pretty independent, but have 24/7 staff at the house to support them in their daily lives and keep things orderly.  Yesterday I finished my med class so I am now certified to pass medication to our residents.  My schedule is all over the place since this program works by flex schedule.  the adolescent program has more of a set schedule, so that will be nice.

Anyway, there are so many pictures to catch up on, I don't even know where to begin.  But I am going to start with my family visiting and Karlina's 3rd birthday!  My entire family (siblings, spouses and kiddos) has not been together like this for around two years.  someone is missing or isn't able to make the get-together-and our wedding didn't count because we weren't exactly having a lot of family together time.  But everyone came to MN this year and we had a grand time! It was the first time Ben and I have hosted people in our home overnight when it has been put together and actually felt like a home.  It was so much fun!

First off, here is our new piano.  I have posted this picture other places, but we just love having it so much!  


Some beautiful flowers Ben got for me (with a card, cuz he knows I love words). I had worked a full day on Monday (9-3 training at the new job, and 4-11 at Kincaids for my final shift) and it was a sweet sight when I got home!


Papa and Karlina sharing a sweet moment "dancing"


Mimi and Ender having a sweet moment.  Nothing better than a baby falling asleep in your arms.  (I'll admit I was a little jealous.  He hasn't done that for me in a long time!)

John and Amy joined in the dancing fun too.  They're so cute!  


Papa and Ender playing with trucks on the ground.  Papa would laaaaugh and Ender would have a fit of uncontrollable giggles! it was so cute! 


Mr. Mom.  It's obvious he has an older sister.  


The best part was the bird purse he had hanging around his neck.  After a few minutes of walking demurely though, he would run and crash his stroller into the sofa making explosion noises.  Can't take the manliness out of this little guy! 


He's got such a contagious grin!


Bathtime is a good time for the kiddos. 


post-bath story time with Papa.  
As part of Karlina's birthday gift, Mimi and Papa brought them a bunch of our childhood favorite books (Caps for Sale, I'll love you forever Like you for always, White Dynamite and Curly Kidd)


On Thursday, we went to a fun nature center that had some really fun places in it.  Here we were all building that little stick hut!  As Karlina would say, "This is teamwork Auntie!"  (who knows where she picked that phrase up!


The handsome and charming Klotzle men (not to mention they love Jesus and their families!)



So a little bit of a story.  Karlina was telling Mimi at one point not to call Johnny over to where they were because, "Ender will get stared" (she can't say her "k" sound, so she meant scared.)  Well we set out on a mission to get them used to each other.  (we also figured out that she thought her big uncle John was a little "stary" too.) 
So this picture depicts the progress to John and Ender's relationship.  =)


Looking out over the valley on this GORGEOUS day, we couldn't so anything but lift our arms in praise! 


Jim and Ender and their Lion King moment. 


deep pondering from these two.  

The only thing they concocted to do was the ostrich mating call.  Joey has a special knack for getting the tone, strut and call just perfect.  

 

Mimi gave John some fruit snacks as some relationship building helpers.

It worked.  


High up on Daddy's shoulders is a good place to be! 


Miss K walking with Mimi and Papa through the nature center. 


What does the fox say? 
(if this picture and caption mean nothing to you, then you've not wasted 4 precious minutes of your life...congratulations.)


Jim and Krissa at our Hibachi Grill dinner out!  we got a sitter for the kids and had an adults evening!  It was so much fun!  They even made all the food gf for those in our crowd that needed it!  Always a plus these days!


Mumzy and Dad.  Love these two. 


Me and my main squeeze.  Love being married to him. 


The three...not stooges.  What other fun things come in threes.  
Musketeers?  In any case, these guys are fun. 


Since Amy's birthday was coming up, she got the special birthday mask, accompanied by the special birthday song, and a special birthday dessert.  Too much special at one time, if you ask me. 


Good thing he still loves her. 

Karlina's Bday party!!

Serious pumpkin carvers.


Grandma (and Grandpa) S. came for the evening too! 
It was great to see them again!


This girl was so excited to get things started.  She was sitting here before the cake and gifts were here, just waiting for her moment.  


She's so beautiful! 


this little guy... what a stud!


After two of her gifts were opened, she left the table to use them.  we had to coax her back to open the rest. 


high heels that light up when you walk, and a sparkly purse.  (she's also wearing her "pretty dress" which is a dress she wears around the house for dress up.)


After the rest of the presents were open, she helped cut the cake, and had the cutest reaction! 



A little while later she opened another gift from Mimi... a NEW pretty dress (this one was much longer, flowy-er and in general really great.)


Auntie Amy knows how to have a good time!


Oh and she got ANOTHER pair of high heels (a little less her size) so she could be just like mommy!


Great-Grammy Lois got Karlina a singing birthday card.  But it only starts singing if you blow on the "candle" inside.  Well that card got passed from K to Ender all evening with lots of "Happy Birthday" being sung!  It was a great card for sure!


Oh yeah, and a few members of the family discovered snap chat.  So for extended periods of time we sat around sending each other snap chats and laughing at each other (while sitting in the same room).  This is the only one I'm posting (You're welcome, family...sorry amy), but it was so cute cuz Karlina is a really good snap-chatter. 

Anyway, there are some snippets of family togetherness in Minnesota!  It was so good to hang out with everyone and continue to build relationships.  

I am blessed to have a loving family.  Don't get me wrong, we still have our moments of dysfunction. Every family does.  But I am still so grateful for the love and support amongst us.  

Ben also loves my family, which is a plus.  He also said this past weekend with them gave him more insight into why I am the way I am, and what has shaped and molded me.  It is something that I get to see with him and his family quite a bit...so I'm grateful he had the opportunity to do that with me and my family.

Next post will be...who knows when.  But will have other fall happenings! 

au revoir. 












3 comments:

Carol and Doug said...

Hilarious. Love the ostrich call.

Anonymous said...

what a fun time we had together! Thanks for all the pictures, Suz!
m

Anonymous said...

Love to read your posts. I feel like I know you better:) And of course, I love to see the pictures and see Karlina and Ender (common relatives)!
God is good. I pray that you will enjoy your new job.
Karen