Thursday, August 28, 2014

Baby Days!

Being an Auntie never gets old.  
As we anticipated the arrival of baby #3 for J&K, it was mentioned several times how it is so hard to imagine how another kid fits into their family (and our extended family).  We felt the same way when Ender was born.  You just can't picture it.  
And yet they just belong.  As soon as they arrive, they have their place and all the sudden you can't imagine life without them.  

Baby girl arrived while Ben and I were on vacation. Awesome.  
We woke up to a text that *she* had arrived. 
(we didn't know the gender...so it was SO FUN to find out). 

This was her first picture: 
Aeslyn Mae
(For those of you wondering the pronunciation...the trick is to not overthink it.  It is said how it looks.  Ace-Lyn.  Long "A" and soft "S."

she is as beautiful, unique and exquisite as her name.


Hospital shot...had to tide us over until we could see more later. 



My first time meeting Aeslyn.  She had so much dark hair like Ender. 
Such a wrinkly, pink, super soft lil' girl. 



Got her eyes open (my goodness she sleeps alot).  And like her siblings, those eyes are a deep, dark brown that you can just get lost in. 



The other kiddos were visiting Krissa's parents in Iowa and so when I went over to meet Aeslyn and hang out, we decided to walk to Panera a few blocks away.  On our way back, we got caught in a torrential downpour.  The kind like in the movies where it starts out with a few drops and quickly turns into a deluge.  When we were at their street, a nice lady offered to give us a ride...but we were practically there.  


My beautiful sister-in-law who kept Aeslyn suprisingly dry. 
It was one of those "First" memories that we'll always remember.  
First outing...got poured on.   Glad I was there for it!



I went back to their house Monday evening when Jim had a late meeting to help with evening routine.  I got a great mix of playing with Karlina and Ender AND holding sweet Aeslyn while Krissa gave the older two some much needed Mommy time. 


caught some epic facial expressions. 
pre-yawn. 


content look...there may have been some super rank gas flowing at this point. 


post-gas mockery.  It really stank.  I think she knew it.  


Biiiiiiig yawn.  I could stare at her forever.  


Two of my favorite lil' girls.  Oh how I love them.
(and yes, for those of you who are hyper-observant...I did have something green stuck in my teeth.  figured I'd just get that out there so there isn't any awkwardness...)



Big sister LOVING her role.  She is a really great age to "help" and understand more of what is going on.  


These three.  Oh how they light up my life.  
I am so blessed to be their Auntie and to spend as much time with them as I have.  Their hugs and kisses for me, their exuberance and joy for life, their tender (ish) care for each other...all of it is so sweet and I cherish every moment with them. 

As many ups and downs as I have had on my adventure to Minnesota...I am forever grateful to you, Jim and Krissa.  Your invitation to come and care for your kiddos changed my life and I wouldn't change a thing.  

So, welcome to the world, baby Aeslyn.  
I pray that as you grow up, you realize how incredibly loved you are. 
Not only by your amazing Daddy and Mommy, but your siblings, your Auntie and all your family and friends...and especially by your Heavenly Father who knit you together, so wonderfully.



No comments: