Thursday, September 17, 2015

The In-between

I know that I kind of left you all hanging with my last post.  And I am here to let you know that my life isn't all insecurity and depressing thoughts...  In fact, those kinds of things are not prevailing at all.  Very real, very powerful...but not prevailing.  

So here I am...two-ish weeks from my Estimated Due Date.  Based on a recent doctor's appointment, things are looking good and heading toward the finish line!  Bambino is nice and comfy and low in my pelvis, my body is all ready  to do this thing at any time.  While she didn't want to give me a specific arrival time obviously, she said she wouldn't be surprised if he was born in the next week or so.  

And so I find myself in this beautifully frustrating place of in-between.  I told Ben that at this point, it seems like carrying this baby longer isn't serving much purpose.  I mean, he is fully developed, a good weight, ready to be born (by all measurable qualifications)... I'm basically a little nest for him to wait until that magical moment my uterus decides it is ready to vacate him.  While the anticipation is mounting, I can't really say that I'm hating the limbo.  I am still sleeping pretty good at night, feeling okay (aside from minor aches and pains), and haven't experienced any cramping or other kinds of pre-labor discomforts.   I don't want to rush something that isn't ready to happen.  

But I also am so looking forward to meeting this little guy face-to-face.  I guess it is still surreal to think that I will be his mom.  That he will depend totally on Ben and I.  That I won't have to give him back at the end of the day.  I have spent so much time with other people's kids that it is hard for me to picture having my own.  

BRING IT ON!

We recently went on vacation to Michigan with my family (yes, I did travel at 36 weeks...and yes everything was fine).   Not everyone was there, but we enjoyed the time we had!  unfortunately, I did not pull out my camera to take pictures that often, so there really isn't a great representation.  



There is nothing like sunset on a lake





Large Baby bump...It is strange to me that I don't remember life pre-bump.  




Amy and I and our bumps...6 weeks apart.  So excited for our kiddos to be close in age!  


It was quite fun to spend time with these guys!  Always enjoy good bonding with them and their kiddos. 


On to other life things...

Kind of blurry, but a friend snapped this of Ben and I when we were out to dinner the other night.  I thought it was cute. =)  


Pepper bounty from our garden.  Used our Purple Bell peppers in some Sweet and Sour Chicken, still pondering ideas for jalapenos, and decided to string up the red chiles and dry them out! 


And now for the OTHER exciting news in our family...

...drumroll please...

My little (not-so-little) brother, Joe is ENGAGED.  
that is right. He is getting married. 
MIND. BLOWN. 

I can hardly believe that he is at this stage of life. 
In our younger years, Joe and I didn't always get along so well.  He was annoying, I was bossy and the combination just didn't jive most of the time.   By the grace of God, we are both able to pull memories from our childhood that were positive and hold sweet experiences for us. 
Over the years, we have been able to move past those not-so-great dynamics and actually become friends.  Joe went to the same high school I did, and we had a lot in common because we had the same teachers and similar friends. 
He then went to the same college I did...and again, we had common ground.  Sure we still have our sibling moments when we bother each other, but it hasn't seemed to hinder the positive growth.
Our friendship developed and we share conversations about life, relationships, school, God and ourselves.  I have come to really appreciate the man Joe has become.  He is wise, godly, funny, lively, musical, thoughtful, cautious, adventerous... 
I always knew he would make someone a fantastic life partner someday. 
In fact, the only thing I'm mourning right now, is that I am no longer his go-to girl.  He used to always call me up for advice or just to get my perspective...and now that will change.  But I am used to it.  After all, he is brother number 3 to go through this...and each time I have gone through a period of feeling replaced...only to realize that it is right and good that I am replaced and that it doesn't mean our friendship is over...just that it has different parameters.  (it helps that they have all married great women!) 

This kid...
pretty fantastic. 


And he also knows how to have a good time...which is definitely a plus!


This is the girl he is marrying...Heather.  

Isn't she just adorable?!

For a little bit of background...Heather and I have been friends for quite a while.  
Here is a bit of our history...

We roadtripped across the country with her sister Tasha. 


She made us matching beanies...(obviously she is a talented knitter or crochetter) 


We climbed mountains in Colorado together! 



We ate at a really random little diner with a giant stuffed Elk head behind us. 


We sang "Jar of Hearts" together at a painted piano in Downtown Saint Paul (before I ever knew I would move here).


She serenaded us in the dog park with her ukelele


we tanned our pelts at the beach

These are just a few of the snapshots of so many good times Heather and I have shared together.   So many conversations, laughs, crazy times and just building a friendship in general.  I am so so grateful to have her as a part of our family now.  She will be a fabulous addition.  Not to mention, she and Joe are MFEO (meant for each other)
 =)  

So here is to new and exciting changes in our family all across the board!  2015-2016 is a big year for us, and like always, God has proven faithful...I have no doubt he will continue to be! 







  

1 comment:

Bec said...

Exciting times in your family! I thought that the other commenters said it even better than I could have on your last post - you're going to be a great mom and love that baby boy more than you even think you will! I can't wait to see lots and lots of photos of him. I tried to explain that in-between time to J once who couldn't quite understand how I was feeling: imagine if you knew that at any minute the most amazing athletic undertaking your body has ever experienced was going to happen. It might start in 10 minutes, while you're asleep tonight, while you're at work, or not for another 3 weeks. But, it's going to happen. And you don't know when. And even though you can never be quite "ready" you can't wait.