Tuesday, February 16, 2016

This, That and The Other Thing...

This shall be my pictoral representation of life as of the past month or so. 


Great Grandma Barb with her great-grandchildren!
This was taken at the Dill family Christmas around New Years.  The three boys on her lap are within a year of each other, so it ought to make family get togethers quite lively in years to come.  
(L-R: Maria, Hanna, Eva, Asher, David, Theo, Charlie and Abe)
MHE&D belong to Meg and Dale.  TC&A belong to Ben's cousin Alyssa and Ryan.  


Asher's 3 month picture.  he is now 4.5 months...oh well.


Ash loves a warm ride in Grandma D's laundry basket!


One night Chico took a Dr. Suess book and read it to Asher.  It was so cute!
Chico has really taken to Asher and is always willing to hold him or entertain him for a little bit while I am busy doing things.  


Love it when I catch them snoozing together!  


Don't let the clasped hands and serious look fool you...bathtime is filled with kicks, splashes, giggles and grins! 


Taffy Pulling night!!


Chico's first time!  He did pretty good!


It was also Margaret's first time...She also did well!


This kid...he'll suck his two fingers or his thumb, he's not picky.  Lately he has been pulling out his paci to suck on his fingers.  


He loves mirror time!  
Hopefully this doesn't mean he will be vain in the future...because he just takes one look at himself and breaks into a really big smile. 



I had better quality pictures of this, but this one just made me laugh.  I was taking a picture the same time as my brother, who was using the flash.  T's eyes would squint shut, and Asher's would get so wide.  Side note:  I arrived that day with Asher in this outfit, and turns out T was wearing the SAME exact thing!  Totally unplanned but so cute. 



Reese and Asher are 6 weeks apart.  And look they are buddies already!  
She is such a petit thing next to him! 


Cousin Karlina reading stories to Asher.  He loved it.  She is such a good big cousin!
I know from experience that having an older cousin befriend you is really special!


While I was in California, baby Emery was born! what a treat to be there so I could meet him!


Also turns out, all four of us siblings were together.  It was a treat to spend time with these guys...seriously some of the best men I know. 


One evening, Asher would not settle down during dinner.  So I ate while bouncing on the ball of magic, which totally put him to sleep.  


Mimi was also a fan of the magic bouncy ball.  She could multi task and keep two babies calm!  


And here are my parents with their SEVEN grandchildren! (Four of whom are under a year!)  It has been a crazy and exciting year for our family...but we love it!  We are excited to all be together again in March for Joe and Heather's wedding!  

So there are some snapshots of our life!  It has been a full winter so far, but I am grateful that we have been busy and have done some travelling as well.  It makes the winter days not seem so long.  


1 comment:

Christy Schrock said...

I love the picture of Aunt B and all the great grandchildren! :) Plus the butter hands taffy pull picture is a classic.