Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Ready or not...

Ugh. I have been wanting to do a post forever now... and everytime i open up a new window to do it, I feel loss of inspiration and just can't keep going on.

At this rate I'll have to give a mini update on my life every time i write. *Sigh*
-I am now 19. Its SO in the middle of nowhere. but rapidly approaching the end of my teen years. Which sort of hurts my head to think about. And how come at every birthday, parents feel the need to revisit the fact that now that I'm a year older, I can take on responsibilities like "a normal 19-year-old." [whatever that means.] Well, in all seriousness, I am learning a lot about being grown up. which leads to my next point.

*by the way, take notes. there will be a quiz at the end of the post...and my powerpoint slides will NEVER be available online.

-The above words are also common ones used in my classes at college. I am almost done with my freshman year in college and am sort of, but not really, proud of it. ok. yeah, I am :] It's been a tough beginning...but the beginning IS always the hardest.

-I PAID TAXES!!!!!!! Now i realize that most people do not so joyfully proclaim such...proclamations. But this is a BIG thing for me. it means i have M-O-N-E-Y. ok...so not that much. and even less after the government took it to pay for your child's education. [unless of course you homeschool or are indeed childless.]
But still. paying taxes is a big step into grown-ups lives. I'm like...a grown up. :] maybe I should start drinking coffee... and carry around important papers. grown ups always have important papers.

Ok...so I think life update is done! WOOT.
Just some random tidbits of info from my life.
I miss johnny and amy.I wish it was summer.I am going to Mexico in a few months!I started officially running.I am learning to play harp.I have a three-hour physics lab every tuesday.It is late so I'm going to turn in with no more tidbits :]

Thank you for your patience as I have not been a faithful blogger.
Fare-thee-well.

5 comments:

--John.and.Amy said...

Yay!! Now I know what's going on with you. Johnny flew last night for IFL... and then this morning I thought he wad dead for about twenty minutes. NOT a good feeling.

you should come see us. Did you really start running? sigh. you're my hero. and I miss you.

andrew k said...

You should totally drink coffee in the morning - it will make you look/feel way older, as I can well attest.

Good luck with the whole running thing too.

Jonathan S. said...

Interesting post, I remember when I was thinking the same things when I turned 19.

Also, the three-hour physics lab sounds like great fun. I always enjoy labs, but lab reports can be a pain.

Ry said...

fun, fun, fun. Not that I really needed the update as much as those who aren't around, but fun nonetheless.

I'm ready to take the quiz now.

Anonymous said...

Like, could you check your accuracy regarding parents' "revisiting" behaviors? If you'd have been nineteen more than a month, I'm sure 50+ year old memory would fade and fail, but given it's only been a couple of weeks, I can be almost positive no negative remarks have been made about nineteen-year-old ...?... whatever you're referring to.

(I think this has some deep psycho-significant indications...comments welcome!)

In any case, a correction and/or apology is appropriate. (journalistic standards!) To save face, you can hide it in a little corner deep in your next publication.

Anyway, taking the focus off age, and for the record, let me say you are an accomplished, talented, loving, responsible, dedicated, hard working girl, and I'm proud to call you my daughter!
With love,
mumzy