Thursday, August 13, 2009

staples and cardstock

Oh fair summer, to where have you flown?
my lazy days and lack of responsibility will soon be over, and once again I will be overwhelmed with the cascade of real life. my head is pulled all different directions. annoyed. excited. overwhelmed. not challenged enough. but overall, it is utterly content.

As one from the greater AC metropolis of the midwest might know, California (while exquisite in beauty and bustling city life...) is far on the outskirts of anywhere it might currently be "happening." but my short self, void of proper social exposure and fellowship, emptied my bank account to invest in my relationships from afar. and, here is the result.



This is me and a bunch of girls for a bachelorette party for Kirsten Sauder-Wiegand. I was blessed to be able to hang out with all these girls even though i wasn't part of the wedding and was just "tagging along." But we had a blast dressing up in 80's outfits and making a fun dinner and just being girls!



Align Center

and



These are the proof that an amazing, nostalgic lego-playing, odyssey-listening evening ACTUALLY took place. and it was epic. We had spent an evening earlier that week quoting Adventures in Odyssey, and decided right then and there we were going to play Legos and listen to our favorite, quotable episodes! It was a blast and definitely brought back memories of our childhood days. it was great to see how many of us have similar experiences. our parents must have all shopped Focus on the Family!




This is me and Kiera Stieglitz (Shane and Laura's daughter) and we had so much fun. she is learning how to talk and her vocabulary is expanding rapidly. I think the country is a great place to raise children, as there are so many interesting things to find on a farm!

and Last but not least, here is home sweet home for me.

The mountains, the sky, the music, the experience. fully california. it encompasses what I have come to know and love. this is my life. I can travel the world over, find amazing places, meet phenomenal people, but coming back home is what brings joy to my heart. Who knows where God is going to take me in the future, and I am open to wherever that may be. But until then, why not love where i'm at!?

Come visit any time.

Oh, and a taste of what's to come. i am starting school next week. and the adventure begins again!

No comments: