Wednesday, September 16, 2009

no homework!?

I know, I know...how could there be NO homework! and the truth of the matter is, there IS homework. i COULD read the syllabus far in advance and do all my reading for the next million weeks...OR spend time updating my blog. i chooooose...hmm this is hard...ok, the latter. But to be equally as truthful, I don't have anything due today. so I figure if tomorrow doesn't come, why should I have done extra homework? this is why I take one day at a time. Brilliant, if you ask me.



But since you didn't (ask me, that is)...I shall resort to talking about other things. Like my life.



Facts:

1. I love my job. I wonder how some people wake up in the morning and dread going into work EVERY day. can't even imagine. Yes, sometimes I get tired of the endless service of people who think my sole purpose for exsistence is to make sure that their steak comes out medium rare and not well done. But seriously, my job is like one of those puzzles. I am given clues, a problem to solve, the tools to do it and all i have to do is figure out which tools fix which problem and how to make the most money off of it. and i enjoy the challenge. and the money, if we're being completely candid =)

and through all of the good-natured mocking of my beliefs (Oh suzy, you're going to spend your weekends knocking on doors and telling people about Jesus), the powdered-sugar fights (that cook has it coming to him...) and the teasing of my personality (Suzy you're like one of those dolls with a string that you pull on the back and she just starts talking and doesn't stop)...i think they kinda like me deep down =)



2. I love my school. and i mean, with not a class before 10:30 am, no class on friday's and friends in every class...how could i not!? And speaking of classes...i have one starting in twenty minutes. bleh. which means I may need to cut this post short. or just archive it and come back later. yes, thats what I'll do. so this portion up to this point was written prior to 12 noon, that which follows will be at a later date =)

aaaaaand I'm back! it is now the next day and turns out i DID have homework to do...i just forgot. and I know that sounds lame, but it seriously is the worst feeling ever. I was all excited cuz I thought I had finished it all, didn't even cross my mind to do 10 verb conjugations for spanish... and i was so ignorantly celebratory. *sigh* maybe I should invest in a day planner.

I am actually going to wrap this up because if not it will probably never get posted.

But on a more spiritual note... I have really been encouraged lately by a good friend and some close family to really keep in mind the promises of God. I get so discouraged sometimes when I feel that my value and my worth are not very high. and that is when i'm looking at how my circumstances aren't producing tangible evidence of how much I matter. And it gets me down. But God has laid out so many promises for me in His Word and I am going to share a few with you.
-Daughter, I am with you wherever you go. (Gen 28:15)
-I will never let you go, even when you are walking through you're darkest valleys (matt redman song: You Never Let Go)
-If you were the only person on the earth I STILL would have come and died for you.
-You are beautiful because I made you, and you are Mine. and I never make mistakes (from You are Special by Max Lucado)
-There is now no condemnation for you, if you walk after the Spirit and live as I did. (Romans 8:1)
-if the ocean were ink, the sky a scroll and someone wrote from the beginning of time to the end, it would not come close to describing the love I have for you. (the hymn: The love of God)

if only i can remember these all the time.

blessings xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I love my job too... and undergrad education was awesome... :)

xim

AAAAAAMY said...

You're so much more cut out for the service industry than I am. You look at the irritations as a puzzle. I look at them as a reason to drink (no not really. I'd never...).

I miss you. Last night John and I drove to Meijer late at night and bought airheads. They're incredible. Thanks for the new candy addiction :)

Anonymous said...

that first part. about extra homework. truly profound.