Saturday, October 16, 2010

hunger

You shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has C)">led you in the wilderness these forty years, that He might humble you, D)">testing you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not.

He humbled you and let you be hungry, and fed you with manna which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you understand that E)">man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.

(deutoronomy 8:2-3)

He allows hunger in my life. to test and know what is in my heart.

am i trusting him?

do i depend on him for all my physical, spiritual and emotional needs?

what areas in my life are experiencing the biting pain of hunger?

when he searches my heart will he find faithfulness and full dependence on him?

God, please search me and know me. give me grace to understand where you are allowing hunger in my life. I want to be fully reliant on you. Every time i lean on my own understanding and strength, it is a lack of faith in you. When you have shown yourself time and time again...how could i NOT trust you? Thank you for your patience as I bumble about like the children of Israel in the wilderness...asking for signs and miracles.
you have proven yourself over and above.


You are:
good, when there's nothing good in me
love, on display for all to see
light, when the darkness closes in
hope, you have covered all my sins

peace, when my fear is crippling
truth, even in my wandering
joy, you're the reason that I sing
life, in you death has lost its sting

more, than my words will ever sing
Lord, all creation will proclaim
here, in your presence i'm made whole
God, of all else i'm letting go.

my heart will sing no other name...
Jesus

No comments: