Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Yo soy una tia!!!

For those of us who do not speak the glorious language of Spanish, I am an aunt!!

On October 20, 2010 my brother Jim and his beautiful wife, Krissa had a little baby girl! (totally called that by the way!) She was a healthy 7 lbs 5 oz. 20 inches long. (be assured that this little girl is gonna be one tall kid!) Her name is...

Karlina Jean


(This picture was taken day 1. Not bad, eh?)



This is the uber-adorable little family. SO crazy to think of my big brother as a daddy!




And I will admit that I might be totally biased, and all babies are supposedly cute... but this is one exceptionally beautiful baby for being 3 days old! (its a good thing too, cuz now i'm totally proud to claim her as my lil sobrina!)

My parents were in India at the time of her birth and so I got to tell them about it over skype! It was so fun to see the grandma and grandpa transformation take place overseas! I think Karlina even has an authentic Indian outfit which Grandma bought for her!

Ok I can't keep referring to my mom as Grandma... just doesn't jive. i mean, she'll be awesome, but she's just not old enough for that. *sigh* oh life changes.

Anyways, I cannot tell you how agonizing it is to be here in California with that little baby girl 2,000 miles away! I want to hold her, inhale her new-baby smell and cuddle her swaddled, pink little self. I've spent years holding other people's kids and nieces. But now she's mine (not exclusively of course...) I have auntie rights. i love it. i can't wait for her to grow up and call me Auntie Suzy.

Our family seemed perfect with four kids. Then as the sisters-in-law joined, that felt right too. couldn't imagine life and family get togethers without them. And now with Karlina...there's no looking back. She's gonna be one loved baby. Our family is growing...and it couldn't be more right. I realize that probably didn't make much sense. But its hard to put into words what this is like. Normally I hate change. God knows how to transform those patterns in me. Just pop in a new niece. works every time =)




2 comments:

Dan L. said...

A loud "woo-hoo!!" escaped while I read this...attracting the attention of my roomates.

Oh Suz!!! God is GOOD! =] you already know it but I'll say it again: Congrats!

~Dan L

Rachel Galindo said...

Suzy. As I read this, I had a smile on my face pretty much the whole time. I felt my eyes squinting. haha!

I can't tell you how much I understand what you are saying. It's simply how you feel when you are an auntie. That little person is YOURS! even though you didn't physically have her. But she or he is so apart of you that you feel that she is your own baby. It's the best feeling in the world! When I saw my nephew right after he was born, tears were rolling down my face. He had the most beautiful face I had ever seen!! It was one of the best moments of my life. Probably the best. So I just want to say welcome to the best club of life! Being an auntie is the best role you could have I think!