Monday, May 07, 2012

doors.

Sometimes when I sit down to write a blog, I do so with little inspiration.  Today is one of those days.  it's 11:24...a little to early to go to sleep.  But my sweet Sierra is in her kennel snoozing quietly and I decided to just lay in my bed and write.  (while listening to my new playlist of music.)  And when I can't think of a title, it is a random word that I find. 

As a forewarning, this is going to be a picture-ridden post.  not like that is disappointing, i'm sure.  Everyone likes pictures. everyone.  =)



 these pictures are precious for two reasons.  1: Big Sister is wearing a headband...and actually keeping it in.  2: shows how expressive she is.  first pic is her worried, concerned, "ouchie", confused and disgruntled face.  pretty much fits everything. then she'll just grin a cheesy grin like pic #two.


 Sierra Enjoying a day outside at the park.  she's getting SO BIG!!


Alright so I have a tragic story for you.  The other night I ran to a friends house for a brief visit (two hours...which is relatively brief).  I had decided to leave Sierra home in the bathroom, because I wasn't going to be gone super long and it was near bedtime anyway.  Well my bathroom door is a sliding barn-door type with no lock.  So I have to put a weight down to hold it shut. Apparently it's not enough weight, because she got out.  And ate/ruined my new work shoes (only been worn two shifts) and gnawed on my new hairdryer (bought it two days before), peed on the floor and destroyed an entire roll of toilet paper.  needless to say, (and yet I'll say it anyway)...I was livid.  She has made messes before, but never destroyed things that cost me money and I had JUST bought.

You may wonder why I don't have pics of the mess. it's because I go into cleaning mode as soon as I get home and find a Sierra mess...and don't think about documenting til too late.  

Anyway, in my frustration, I forgot my building key when I took Sierra out to pee.  It was close to 1 am and there was no one going in or out.  the intercom is still connected to Krissa's phone, so I can't let myself in that way. and she was sleeping.  So I sat on the floor and waited... and prayed for patience.  


 Here we are.  Sierra fell asleep...thankfully. 


 and then would glance at me with these woeful eyes every once in a while.  *sigh* it was a rough night to say the least.  

after 45 minutes, I was finally let in by a guy who lives on the floor above me and was just getting home from work. I had never met him, and he asked me a few questions to make sure I actually lived there and wasn't a puppy-owning bum.  

 Here's a few quick pics of where I work.  I tried to get more, but the timing was a little off.
 This is the front...we have some outside seating and it's along a busy street, so we get a lot of people walking by on their way to the hotels, the shows/theater and other attractions. 






This is where I spend my days...working... it is called "the bar" but that is only because it isn't the "dining room".  It's more of a lounge/casual seating.  No reservations are needed and it tends to attract a less formal crowd, which I like better...







This is the break room.  fancy, huh.  


Here is a representation of my time with Baby Brother.  He's such a sweetie, and gaining a cute little personality!  In the top picture, it shows how strong his neck is. he likes laying on people's chest and supporting his own neck and looking around. such an alert fellow.














Here we have Big Sister getting ready to help make gf pancakes!  she was pretty excited. she loves anything you can put syrup on.  =)






CINCO DE MAYO!  
went to a parade in St. Paul and took Big Sister with us.  she loved it. 
There are a surprising amount of mexicans here. They all came out of the woodwork for the parade. it made me feel like I was back in CA. 




Happy smiles. And some lady was handing out kids' tooth brushes. and big sister LOVES tooth brushes.  it made her so happy. til she dropped it in the dirt. twice. 







Overall it was a really fun day.  These are the girls I went with (l-r): Tanya, me, Big Sister, Alissa, Ashley and Andria.  Such sweet and dear friends they are.  and Big Sister loved them too! 



Well it's 12:34...I had a few minor distractions along the way.  and now I'm getting drowsy and falling asleep at the helm.  er...the keyboard.  anyway.  time for bed. thanks for reading and looking at my pictures! 
au revoir. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww...this was ALL encompassing, with home, work, family, friends, puppy, social life...whew! Girl, you got it going on! Gotta love those little grands!