Tuesday, May 29, 2012

and the two became one!!

This is going to be a fantastic and LONG post.  lots of pictures. lots of stories. Basically the best kind of blog update. after a HUGE break.  But honestly, being on vacation takes priority over blogging. 
Anyway, here goes. 
 At Denver...seeing this sign got me really excited.  couldn't wait to go home! 

 But almost as soon as I got there, I realized how much I miss my sweet Sierra.  Look how beautiful she is! 


 She stayed with my sister-in-laws parents on their farm in Iowa.  I knew she'd love it.  They have three other dogs and lots of room to run in.  In fact, when I did actually get an update phone call, i was informed that I should purchase some acreage for her.  Poor puppy won't want to come back and be a city dog!  just kidding. she loves the city =) 


 FINALLY HOME!  i love my mom's front yard. so many beautiful flowers.  

They just re-did their back yard too.  and it looks fantastic.  such a relaxing place




Look at that gorgeous pomegranate tree!  Just ate dinner with my parents and brother on the porch tonight.  It is such a relaxing place to be.   *sigh*

Got to drive this as my transportation while at home.  
#beastmode
lucky me. 





THEN WE WENT TO MEXICO! 
My cousin, Jonathan got married to sweet Kali in Magdalena. 


Aren't they just so adorable?  Seriously.   

I am going to apologize in advance for how few pictures I actually have of them in their wedding attire. or me in mine.  But I was a little busy all weekend being one of 9 bridesmaids down south of the border in one of my favorite places. 

Now here's just some fun pics from the weekend.


 Girls from Kali's house.  Me and Karla below.
on the couch is Yaneli, me, Jaqui and Tania

This day, we had just gotten ready for pictures, and we see this HUGE fire that had started on the other side of the highway, but ended up jumping it and coming straight for the CVE campus.  we were standing there, mostly helpless because we were dressed in our wedding attire.  It was scary...and if the wind had been blowing in JUST the right directionage, it would have burned parts of CVE property.  As it was, it got waay close, and burned some of the powerline poles and cut off phone/internet for a while.  it took a fair amount of time for the fire department of the fair town of Magdalena to get there.  But the amazing guys at CVE got out there and did some volunteer firefighting!  it was great! 
 Getting ready for pictures.  Leah and Katie are just too much fun! 


 Sarah, Katie and I at the rehearsal dinner.  Yummy papas and tacos at Momo's.  If you've never had a papa at Momo's, you're missing out. it's a baked potato with cheese and carne asada served with tortillas.  then you add avocado, salsa, cabbage, onions, jalapenos, cucumbers.. and it is DELISH.  it was funny, all those add-ons are at a little bar in the middle of the restaurant.  Someone new asked if it was a salad bar.  but it was quickly re-dubbed "The Yummies Bar."
fitly named, I'd say.


 Making 90 scones on saturday for the reception. 
In case you didn't know, a scone is a good mixture of biscuit and cookie. just heard that description this weekend and decided it fit perfectly.  She makes these almost every day for her coffee shop.
Katie May is amazing, there's just no way around it.
 

 aaaand...she's my friend =)  so blessed am I to have one such as her. 


 Silly brother+awesome cousin=fantastic afternoon.  we went grocery shopping in town with Katie for some coffee-shop supplies (I think we bought 60-some things of milk? I think she keeps the milk guys in business) Joe whistled at a dog in the parking lot and some girls thought he was whistling at them.  apparently no one whistles at dogs in Mexico. only girls.

 What's a mexico trip without fish tacos from Las Chicas.  
with all your friends.

 I have the coolest cousins/brother ever. such manly men who can wear the girliest aprons and be ok with it.  love them a lot. 


 cute girls!

 Katie loves her little blueberry yogurt dots. she's so much fun. like a barrel of monkeys, i tell you.

 see? point proven.  even Jon and Kali love her!


 my beautiful cousin, Bethy.  Idk how she does it, but she always looks like she stepped out of a magazine. 


 Getting ready for the wedding!  lots of hair-do's being did.  


 I think this particular hair-do got did at least three times! 



Klotzle Cousins!  casual, then a little more spiffy at the wedding!  
Let me tell you, I have a pretty great extended family.  This wasn't even all of us cousins...but no matter where we are, and how long it's been since we last saw each other, we can pick up where we left off. love them so much. 



Overall it was an amazing wedding!  Simple, beautiful, attended by a close group of family and friends.  The way a wedding should be.  Everyone did their part to make the day run smoothly... and it did!  Jon and Kali are a beautiful couple who love each other so much...but more importantly, they love God first.  it was such a Christ-centered weekend (which, ironically, was also pentecost!)  There was so much worship, praise and glory given to the One who has so obviously had His hand on the whole thing.  

As I head back to Minnesota, I will cherish these memories in my heart.  When I get lonely and miss home, I can go back to these times when I felt so close to those I love and especially to God.  




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, if nobody else is going to say so...Great Post! Glad your trip home was so much fun, and glad you're happy to be back in Minnesota too! Sounds like the good life!