Tuesday, February 19, 2013

23,943

That's how many page views I have.  Say whaaaaat?  It feels like a large number.  And is sort of crazy to me.  When I started blogging, literally only like five people read it.  Now I feel like I have a bit of a following.  Err...had.  Not sure how many of my readers dropped me like a hot potato when I started going weeks between postings.  Ah well.  Such is life.  Here, lets try this (and i pre-apologize for the seeming desperation in my tone):

IF YOU READ MY POST, POST A COMMENT.  IT CAN BE ANONYMOUS (though I don't prefer it).  JUST DO IT.  it will make us all feel better.  Well, probably just me.  And 89.9% of you won't do it anyway.  make that 99.9%
I don't ask for much in life.  just a simple acknowledgement to know that my writings aren't in vain and just floating off into cyber-world. 

But I do have to say, I totally wish I was a writer for a living.  I enjoy it a lot.  But I have a feeling I'd run out of things to write about.  Hmm.  

Anyway.  Tonight at Bible study, we were talking about Ruth and Naomi and putting ourselves in Naomi's position when she said that God had dealt bitterly with her because her husband AND two sons had died.  

Basically I'd feel gypped.  It would seem so unfair.  I wouldn't understand what it all meant.  And I'd wonder if I did something wrong or why God was doing this to me.  

But interestingly, it isn't recorded that Naomi fell on the ground pounding her fists in the dirt and asking God, "WHY ME!?" 

One of my friends Crystal told us that one of her classmates is from Africa.  He said that in third-world countries, bad stuff is expected to happen.  It is inevitable.  So those who are believers learn how to know God in the bad instead of wondering "why?"  

We are kind of  unfamiliar with this here in the US.  We are an entitled people.  Even those really poor third-world people who come here searching for the "American Dream."   They expect once they are living here, nothing will go wrong.  Those of us who live here and have very blessed lives tend to ask, "Why?!"  A lot more often than I suppose those in other countries do.  

This isn't based on scientific study...just observation.  But i think it's true.  

I want my attitude to be like David in the Psalms.  Be frustrated.  Be hurt.  Be angry.  Be bitter.  Those are initial reactions that often times we can't help.  But talk to God about it.  Most of the Psalms where he is pouring out his lamentations about how stupid life is is all communication with God.  He trusts God with his potentially yuckiest of emotions.  Emotions that could fester and bring him down.  But he is a man after God's own heart.  He sought God and acknowledged Him...and praised him.  Even in the storm.  

He says it, right in Psalm 142:1
With my voice I cry out to the LORD;
     with my voice I plead for mercy to the LORD.
I pour out my complaint before him;
     I tell my trouble before him.
When my spirit faints within me,
     you know my way!


That's how I want to be.  



 Got this awesome scarf from my cousin for Christmas.  It's my favorite and I wear it ALL the time.  100% wool.  J.Crew.  A-mayyyzing.


 Oh what a great group of guys.  This is our night cooking crew repping the Wild hats.  


 This is one of the little boys at the elementary school I work at.  Just wanted you to see his hair.  
Oh yeah, and he's in kindergarten.  
Wish my hair grew that much that quickly.



 Our countdown continues.  And in case you were wondering...we still love each other ;)


 Valentines Day card + BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT!  I'm gonna be an Auntie all over again! on the OTHER side of the family!  So exciting!  =)


 Had thai food with my friends.  This was Michelle's fortune.  it was like, really?! 


 With my future sister-in-law, Rose.  We went to Joe's (future brother-in-law) basketball game.


He's very athletic and scored a majority of the points for his team.


 All of my earthly possessions under the desk in Ben's room.
Just waiting for March 4th...which is when I move into *our* house!!


 Found this on the shelf at Ben's house.  was my favorite Nancy Drew mystery.  Me and my friend Kaeli used to read it together.  

We thought it was hilarious and odd that there were two women in the book named "Gay" and "Maud."   Give us a break...we were probably 9.


 ENDER CAN STAND ON HIS OWN!  and has even taken a few steps.  But he has become a speedy crawler and so chooses that as his mode of transportation.


 One of the cool things about winter...(pun fully intended)...icicles.

 
 And ice all around the plants.  Lots of ice.
 

 So my fiance plays violin.  Really well.  In an orchestra that is super legit and sounds WAY wonderful!  I am so proud of him! 


Typical.  
Above:  Everyone (including Executive and Sous chefs) standing around watching the game
Below:  Jeremie (awesome manager) gets behind the counter to make some salads while the guys prep.  He's a hands-on kind of manager. That's why we like him. 


Most girls might like chocolates, flowers and an expensive dinner out]... Not me! (well, i could always use dinner...in, out, expensive, cheap...don't matter to me.)  But thankfully my fiance knows me better than that.  while I was at work, Ben came over to the house I'm staying at and set these on my pillow.   It was so sweet. And after a long night at work, it was just the perfect thing. 


Day at the mall with the kidlets!  They are so cute and so much fun!


Blessings on your week!

22 comments:

Alan & Sarah said...

Don't really want to be the first to post a comment....but I do read your blog and am enjoying getting to know you a bit through your writing. Looking forward to having you in the family! Sarah

Anonymous said...

A Suzy K blog lurker checking in. Its been fun watching you sink your roots in out here. Who ever thought 3 Altadena-ites woulda been braving this bitter chill together, eh? The few and the brave we are. :) Love you, and looking forward to your wedding. dl.

sarenaw said...

Hi. I read your posts some days. I feel like it's awkward commenting after years of silence but I was under the impression that silence is golden (: Nah. My fault for the silence! So fun to see your snowy Minnesota pictures and hear about your life so I'm all caught up for that day we're friends. Ha

Anonymous said...

Suzy it has been fun reading about your adventures over the year and especially about all the changes soon to come with your engagement. I remember walking through my courtship with Phil while in Bible study with your Mom. Those were special months. I know this is hard to believe but the this time will go fast (I know it is eternity right now :) )

Blessings on you during this time. Thanks for sharing a piece of your life in icy Minnesota and also trying to explain the weather to us Warm Californians. Lord's Blessings, Shari Schwind

Betty said...

Always love your blog, Suzy! You could still be a writer :)

Carol and Doug said...

Well, Suzy, you know I read your blog because I so often feel the need to share transplant survival skills with you, but I'm signing in to let you know I'm still reading!
Carol

Amber Lewis said...

I always enjoy reading your blog Suzy :)

Bec said...

I get it . . . comments are great and sometimes you do wonder who is out there :)

Miss you and fun to see the pictures and hear how you're doing. You'll have to come visit when you're in CA before the wedding!

And, that kindergartener's hair is crazy - my girls' hair wouldn't grow that long in 10 more years!!

Anonymous said...

Suzy--I read your blog when I go
into Hannah's blog. I agree with
Sarah, it helps me to get to know you and also to keep updated on what is happening with you and Ben
and the rest of the Dills. For sure, Ben can play the violin and
I love his fast tunes also!!
Love - Auntie

sarah said...

I read it too! I'm with ya- I have lots of visitors which always makes me wonder "Who ARE these people?!?!"

Jane said...

I haven't read in a long time, but I had time today and I'm thinking a lot about that upcoming wedding, so I did. Loved catching up with you. Pictures of your niece just make me smile! Somehow I can see a lot of Klotzle there.

Anonymous said...

just so you know Suz, some of that number has to do with those of us who click on our short-cut link just to see if you've updated. I've personally bumped that number up often...hoping for a new post!

Anonymous said...

Oh Suzy,it's hard to read your blog and realize you won't be coming back to CA to live, but it's still great to keep up on your life. Do hope you make a trip to CA before June (and hope we are here and not in IL whenever that is.) We love you. mg

PS I think I check in often to see if you have updated your blog. Glad today to see that you updated yesterday.

Anonymous said...

heysoos....143

I Farted said...

I read your blog to keep up to date on my crush! Not saying it's you....hee hee

Anonymous said...

I keep up on the niece and nephew (and you, of course!)and enjoy the updates!
Molly

Anonymous said...

Don't have a million kids

Anonymous said...

The problem is, Suzy, is that some people are writers and others of us are readers.

You are a writer; I am a reader. For me to post a comment would be to subject myself to the opinion of everyone in Blogland.

Which I'll do. Just once. For you. Because, I really, really enjoy reading your blog. So keep writing. :)

barbara said...

I am a reader also, not a writer as you will find out. Enjoy your blog and have plane & motel reservations for June 22,23,
& 24th. love u grandma

Emily Frauhiger said...

I love reading your blog. Bits of encouragement are always well appreciated be me. Plus... the cute pics of the kiddlets always make me smile. :)

Meg Dill said...

Glad you're looking forward to being an auntie again! A little girl around here keeps patting my tummy and reminding me that it's getting bigger and maybe I should get out my big clothes now. :)
Thanks for writing!

Unknown said...

I am one of your readers :) I'm super excited that it looks like it'll work out for me to come to your wedding!