Sunday, March 17, 2013

playing catch-up...again.

Well, my page views have gone up roughly 1,000 in count since the last time I posted.  Which means I have a lot of unsatisfied readers.  My bad.

Honestly, the past few weeks have been some of the busiest of...well I was going to say my life.  But I'll settle for the less-dramatic "year."  I have been balancing three part-time jobs, two Bible studies, moving, buying furniture, planning a wedding long-distance, registering for various items, premarital counseling, maintaining a relationship and squeezing in sleep and food whenever I can (which I seem to have no problem with). 

So I know you all really want to see pictures of the new house.  And they will come.  When there is actually furniture, and window treatments, and bookshelves, and a table and anything else that makes an empty house a home.  As of right now, I need to update you on the past several weeks! And let me tell you, this is going to be a whopper of a post.  Lots of pictures, lots of random captions, lots of information the random blog-stalker probably won't care about.  This is for the mumzy, the daddy, the various grandmas, aunties and long-lost friends. If there are repeats from instagram and facebook, my apologies.  I have some readers that are only in touch with me by blog. 


As you look at this snippet of my life, I want to draw your attention to the One who gets the credit for all the blessings you're about to see.  Without God's strength, grace and patience, I would be going crazy right now.  That, and He gave me Ben who is such an amazing mate for me.  He is so patient with me and continually showers me with love and support.  Even in the busyness, we're enjoying each others company and making all of the exciting things like registering an actual adventure! 

With all of that said, I shall begin. 



 These are the icicles outside the house I lived in for a month between loft and house.  One of the cool things about winter.  Throughout the post, you shall see the icicles grow =)




The following pictures are from a weekend we spent with friends and family at their hunting lodge.  Ben, his family, my brother and his family and our friends Keith & Jodi and their family were all there.  It was a lot of fun!   
The beautiful woods.

I love eating snow.  I feel like a child all over again on our trips up to the mountains to see the novelty of snow once or twice a winter in California.  



Unfortunately, Ben and I did not have the privilege of using the snow shoes, so we tromped...trudged...fell...and otherwise made our way through the snow drifts. 


We took Sierra, and she was having the time of her life!  Definitely a snow-dog at heart.  


 Look how cute he is in all of his snow clothing


 =)


 Dumb dog kept shoving her head in the snow looking for who knows what.  


 And she looked so adorable when she would come up and her face would be all powdery.  


Climbing a deer stand.  


 Sierra found a deer foot and enjoyed chewing, throwing, burying and digging it up.  


Ok, to properly understand and appreciate the next pictures, you should know that one of the owners of this lodge is an avid hunter.  Avid might not even be strong enough of a word.  Obsessive?  in a good way. maybe.  Point is, he has taken excursions all over the world (africa to be specific) and has now hunted and stuffed so many animals he has a whole addition on his other house that has been classified as a museum (for tax purposes).  These pictures will give you a taste of some of them, but he also has an elephant, rhino, giraffe, a 7+ piece lion display and much more.  Cah-Ray-ZEE!




 He filled all the coffee table space with these antlers, otherwise known as deadly weapons



Coyote skins








 
 

 Karlina's reaction included both intrigue and terror....but she warmed up to the zebra after a while.  Though she refused to touch it.  




 
 This is my deer brother and his deer wife being silly. 
 
 Playing games! 


 The drive home. 


Sierra stayed quiet the whole time.  She travels well.  


 Topped off the trip with a fabulous sunset. 




 ...and the icicle gets longer.


 fun times with the kids.  


 Once again, mysterious and continuous flushing brought me to the bathroom to catch this wide-eyed cutie red-handed.  


 He's becoming more stable on his feet!


 My good friend Tanya took a *long lunch* and accompanied me, Crystal and the kiddos out to the wedding dress alterations place to make the final pick-up!  And even though we got her back to work late, she still kept a smile on! Love ya Tanya! 


 Crystal keeping Miss K entertained


 
Brenda (dress lady) let Karlina try on a tiara.  She was so enthralled and kept saying how she was a princess and needed a pretty dress like Auntie!  =)


 Unfortunately the dress had a few minor finishing touches and wasn't able to be picked up that day.  But the next morning, I made the 35 min trek up to get it with my good friend/surrogate mother Mary.  SO THE DRESS IS FINALLY IN MY POSSESSION!

 Now for a cute story.  Once upon a time, I road tripped to IL to attend a friends wedding AND pick up a new puppy.  Two of my aunts got two of her litter mates.  A few weekends ago Ben and I went BACK to IL for ANOTHER friend's wedding and took Sierra with us for a reunion with her brother Tristan!

 
 Here they are as puppies, tussling around in the yard

 



And here they are as one-year-olds.  Good ol' Sierra still on top.  Though Tristan held his own. 

 Yeah, she's a little...um...playful.


 LOOK HOW LONG THAT THING IS!!  pretty much deadly if it ever came loose and you were standing underneath it.



 Here I am with half of my possessions moving out of the loft!  
So sad to be leaving it behind as it was a superb location and a great spot to start my time in MN.  But I'm also excited to move on with the adventure of my life and start a new chapter in the new house with the new boy.  =)


 Don and Ben unloading our new sofa!! So exciting!

 Ben and his brother Joe assembling the dresser

 Don and Ben built this amazing contraption from an x-pen and 2x4s.  It sections off part of the basement for Sierra so she can have her own little area to be in when I'm gone at work!  SO. PERFECT!  

A sweet house-warming gift from my friends from Bible study!  They went for an "It's a Wonderful Life" theme!
 Bread: That this house may never know hunger

 Salt: That life may always have flavor

 Wine: That joy and prosperity may reign forever


 This was a sweet little shower that Sheryl from church threw for me with some of the girls.  It was so sweet! 


 Got a Williams-Sonoma apron, flip-flops (which I can't wear for at least another month) and amazing Mary Kay hand care kit

 My future sisters-in-law got me some cute pajamas.  


 Then we got facials with homemade mixes.  Mine was egg white and lemon.  Rose had banana and honey.  

 Isn't a true spa day without cucumbers!


 Claire and Allison got oatmeal honey masks.  =)


 
 And yes, while winter seems ever-lasting and the whole "cute layers and fun scarves and jackets" thing lost its draw about 4.5 months ago...there are some sweet and beautiful moments too.  Like this sunset.  
Thank you, God for reminding me you're still here with me!

Well folks, hopefully you feel a little bit caught up with me in my life.  By next post, there should be sufficient pictures of the house!  It is really cute and I am loving it so far!
Thanks for your patience, and your continued support and love! 
au revoir!
 






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God would really approve of his creatures being excessively slaughtered.

Anonymous said...

Your dog was putting her silly head in the snow to look for... wait for it.. miceicles.

Anonymous said...

If you could just let those stunningly beautiful sunsets tide you over until Spring comes... maybe Minnesota wouldn't be so bleak after all!

Anonymous said...

Suzy - I will be looking forward to
seeing more pictures of your home.
Your blog helps me keep updated with Ben and your activities.
The sunset was beautiful. Hope to
see everyone on April 6.
Love to both of you - Auntie