Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Two Cents

I know, I know...a new post so soon!  

Forgive me as I am about to go on a bit of a rant...

being on facebook the past week has held a mixture of emotions.  Sadness, disappointment, compassion, anger, defensiveness, resignation...just to name a few.   As I pass by statuses or shared links or pictures, my fingers are itching to type retorts to the many biting comments I come across.  Those of you who have facebook may know what I'm talking about.  For those of you who don't...be grateful right now.  

The controversy is equal rights.  The competitive spirit is fierce.  The attacks are relentless.  The progress, minimal. 

And I wish it'd all just go away.  Don't get me wrong.  I have an opinion....a belief.  A strong one.  But when I feel my face go hot, my heart-rate increase and I have a million rebuttals bouncing around my brain, it is obvious that writing them down is not the best course of action for me.  

So in lieu of that, I shall write about the other emotions I'm feeling.  

Sadness:  
Oh the brokenness of humanity.  Oh how my heart aches for the lost.  Those blinded by their self-created idols...or ones society has created for them.  Dear Lord, I know you said it would get worse before it gets better, but does it have to be this way?  Why are so many hard-hearted people so dear to me?!  And what will become of them?  Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do.  And have mercy on those who do.

Defensiveness:  
How dare you attack something so precious to me?  How dare you call me ignorant.  I'll show you just how much I know.  I'm not some brain-washed, judgmental Christian.  How dare you throw us all into one camp and dismiss us with a cursory comment or post on your social media page.  and how DARE you take Scripture, Christ and MY GOD and twist them into something that supports YOUR ignorant claims without knowing the facts.  

Disappointment:  
Oh, my fellow brothers and sisters, why must we strive to convince our lost neighbor?  Where is the confidence we have in Christ that HE will set the record straight?  Don't you see that you will lose your Christian witness if you respond with biting and condemning words?  Don't you see that this is a ploy by the Enemy from the very pit of hell, intended to steal joy, kill relationships and destroy the church?  Stand for what you believe.  Be ready to give an answer for the hope that lies within you.  But do not let the need to win an argument cloud your commission to go into all the world and preach the gospel...and to love your neighbor as yourself.  I speak this as much to myself as anyone else.

Compassion:  
Sweet Jesus, give me your eyes for just one second.  I want to see what you see.  I want a taste of the love you have for all of this world.  maybe this heartache comes from seeing people created in your image mocking and ridiculing you.  But Jesus, I love them.  They have souls.  They were created by you.  and they are lost.  

Anger:  
Indignation rises up in me as my throat closes and my heart rate quickens.  How has the Enemy gained so much foothold in this country?  Why are there so many lies, so much manipulation, so many underhanded tricks turning this country into a putrid and disgusting wasteland.  I clench my fists as a scream threatens to burst out from the depths of my belly.  
LEAVE US ALONE!  JUST STOP IT!   I HATE YOU!  I HATE YOU!  I HATE YOU! 


Resignation:  
Oh Lord, I'm so weary.   My heart can't take on any more burdens of the world.  You've seen this conundrum.  I'm all over the place.  I'm balancing the tight rope of self-righteousness and brokenness.  I can't fix it.  Dear God, why can't I fix it?  We need you...I need you.  I need you so much.  Please don't leave us now.  Not like this.  Not with so much doubt and confusion and dissension.  Let peace rain down from heaven.  Wash over us and refresh us anew.

And Lord...do not linger much longer.  Come and take what is your own.   

When I don't know what to do...I'll lift my hands
When I don't know what to say...I'll speak your praise
When I don't know where to go...I'll run to your throne
When I don't know what to think...I'll stand on your truth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Said, Suz... It grieves all our hearts as His followers.. All of it! Even so Lord Jesus, come!

sarah said...

Excellent post. Definitely am relating to some of those feelings!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Suzy. Clarence and Deanna Beyer

Anonymous said...

Science > religion

Anonymous said...

Well said and I agree w/you. It's been way over done lately and I cant seem to understand why all of the sudden all this attention is getting paid to it all. What a day that will be when our Jesus we shall see..... !!!!