Friday, August 24, 2007

Job

This post is about..... a job. My lack of one. My need for one. My search for one. When I began to drive, my father said to me, Suzy, you may use our family van. I said, Thank you.
My mother said, Suzy, when will you start paying for gas? I said, when I get a job. She agreed. After my long summer away and that school business lingering in the future, a job is a pressing matter. After finding out that my back-up job at Interior Services was not available, I began a search....and pray. Hoping God will open up doors for a good school job.
Options:
*American Eagle--
*Cheesecake Factory--
*PacSun
*Val Surf
*Mimis Cafe

So the basic theme is, clothes and food. my life in a nutshell. just kidding... Oh! so, follow me here. I was thinking "my life isn't food and clothes, its Jesus! OH! I'd work for a Jesus store! OH! Lighthouse Christian Bookstore!" So I'm going to check it out, just a sec.

*Time Passes*

They obviously don't believe in online applications...or information. I will have to go visit them in person.
Ahh, I feel inspired. Anyways, back to story. I chose to apply for Mimis Cafe. They want experience, which I don't have. At least not in professional food serving. Done enough of that at my own home. And the people skills are no problem.
We shall see in the coming week (s) if this shall pan out. I hope so. I need money. This is not a selfish need of money. This is a suzy-is-almost-completely-broke need for money. It is real. And painful.
I will keep you posted (no pun intended) in the future for those who read this to update you on my search for responsibility.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Just a tip: apply to several places at once; don't just apply to one and wait to see if it works out. Better to have offers from 3 different places than reach the new semester without a job. Also, if possible, actually go to the places and see/talk with the hiring manger. Online application is convenient, but they need to know the person behind it.

Anonymous said...

...and with a little hind sight, we see that the only place you actually applied on line, was the only place that offered you a real job! And this is the way of life...Jim's advice is basic and excellent...but something else produced the desired results. Steps ordered by God is all we can really count on. PTL!