Tuesday, September 18, 2007

LA county Fair!!


The LA County Fair!!
This fair is a annual tradition of our family for years and years. We always get to go in free because of being connected to the homeschoolers. (it really is quite special!) In most recent years, we have lost members of our family. But this year, was the slimmest yet. It was just me and my mom! We had a blast. Below are some pictures of our fantabulous day! Be jealous of our fair. it is...fairly phenomenal!



This is one of our ferris wheels! and the crowds :]




My mum and I...frolicking?



Famous footsie-wootsie machines. They are a $.25 foot massager.
(My camera messed it up..so ya got half of it!)




We got to see a baby sheep be born in the animal barns.
It was pretty amazing for us city folks. Just another
testimony of God's amazingness!!



Within 15 minutes, he was already trying to stand up!



What fun is the fair without some fried food, eh?



Turns out, bloomin' onions are yummy...
...but soooo not worth it :]
but TRADITION reigns!



Really rad oldies traveling band-on-a-truck



My all-time favorite! the K9 show
This is the Jack Russell, Dixie.



All in all, we had a wonderful day!
It kept alive our fair traditions.

Too bad I don't have any pictures of the shopping buildings or the Chinese Acrobats.
but there is always next year :]
You really should experience this fair before you die.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fair is a fabulous family tradition! No doubt your enthusiasm made it happen! I think we made some significant purchases...which you helped with, by the way...siding with the sales person when I was holding out for an even better deal. Sigh...we mark our years by the amazing things we got at the fair! And now I'm off to go sleep on one of them!
-mumzy

Anonymous said...

p.s. Jim, we dedicate the pictures of the bloomin' onion to you! You told us so!

Jim said...

I'm glad you had fun, and sorry that I'm such a fair-grinch :)

Last year when we went I had bad food experiences (which is not extraordinary for me) which translated into a not-so-great experience overall.

andrew k said...

So I take it you guys didn't go to any trashy country music concerts while you were there. I miss our fair, I haven't been in several years. When I was about your age (terrible way to start a story, I know) the big draw at the fair were the country music stars. Not sure why.