Friday, October 12, 2007

promotion.

i'm getting one.

i'm training to do take-out orders at my restaurant. tis fun and exciting...and i hopefully get tips if i'm all happy-go-jolly and get the people what they want!! hardest part is this memorization of the entire menu. and knowing what questions go with what food:
for example, what kind of juice would you like? how would you like your eggs? fries or coleslaw? knowing which meals come with a muffin and which don't. etc... i was at work nine hours including work and a host meeting. i'm tired.

but the point of this post...
there is none really. except to proclaim quite joyfully, and with much thanksgiving to my God...

...no pun intended with the thanksgiving part...

...I GET TO GO TO MEXICO OVER THANKSGIVING WITH DENVER! I'm so excited. i was told upon my hiring that i wasn't able to take off over thanksgiving. everyone works. they said. but i asked really nicely, and was a hard worker. and they are letting me take it off. i was so happy i almost started crying. God knows how important mexico is for me. YAY GOD!!!

wow. i love serving. it makes my heart happy.
random thought, but in our meeting at work today, we were talking about what we could do to server our customers. and i realized i love doing it. now it may not seem that way when i'm at home sometimes and my mom has to ask me to do things twice. but i think that deep down, i love it. mexico draws it from me as well.

well its late. i have to work another 6 hours tomorrow.

ciao.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Congrats on the promo!

Serving others when its fun makes serving seem worthwhile! Serving when it is not fun is called love.

Love is HARD.

Anonymous said...

Well, contrary to common thought, promotions come quickly to those who have particular character traits, such as diligence, perseverance, honesty, attentiveness, and more...I'm proud of you too, Suz...I had a feeling this line of work would grow some important things in you and bring you new delights! Blessings!
Mumzy

Anonymous said...

ps...just for you, Suz...I left a final word on your last post...better late than never!