Friday, October 26, 2007

where has the time gone?

hmmm. I apologize for the lack of writing. *sigh* my busy life is getting the better of me. Well.....my definition of busy. I mean, i still had time since yesterday afternoon at like 4pm to read two novels. I know, I know. crazy. But then again, I never did claim to be normal. There is not a whole lot happening, however, to keep people posted on.

Being a hymn singing person, with hymn singing people reading this (most likely), I would like to share with you a little something that I found
(just for future reference, I will not be handing out where I got these...it is from my own private stash. and I am a greedy, greedy girl.)

~ Hymns appropriate to the occasion.
Dentist's Hymn -- "Crown Him with Many Crowns"
TV Weatherman's Hymn -- "Showers of Blessing"
Contractor's Hymn -- "The Church's One Foundation"
Tailor's Hymn -- "Holy, Holy, Holy"
Golfer's Hymn -- "There Is a Green Hill Far Away"
Politician's Hymn -- "Standing on the Promises"
IRS Hymn -- "All to Thee"
Gossiper's Hymn -- "Pass it On"
Electrician's Hymn -- "Send the Light"
Shopper's Hymn -- "Sweet By and By"

If you MUST speed on the highway, sing these hymns loudly:
at 45 mph.... "God Will Take Care of Me"
at 55 mph.... "Guide me, O Great Jehovah"
at 65 mph.... "Nearer My God to Thee"
at 75 mph.... "Nearer Still Nearer"
at 85 mph.... "This World is Not My Home"
at 95 mph.... "Lord, I'm Coming Home"
at 100 mph.... "Precious Memories"


Thank you for your time. feel free to comment. on either the significance, exaggeration, or whatever.



xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute...but I still think you've got too much time on your hands.
mumzy

megs said...

haha!! those are really funny! you're gonig to MX w/ the denver group?? i think that my dad as well as my sister's are going on that one too!! have fun w/ them. give them lots of kisses from me! i don't see them very much at all

heysoos said...

mumzy. if you do notice, i don't post that regularly. just enough to keep ppl reading.
aaand, i do prefer the wait-til-the-last-minute method of working... its just how i roll.
love you. thanks for teaching me the right way to do things even if i stray a bit :]


Megan...yesss i'm so excited to be going!!! I will be sure to hand out some kisses (or maybe just blow some air kisses) to your missed family.

Anonymous said...

"I always say I'm a good listener, but when I meet somebody new it seems like I do all the talking... I wonder why"
"Maybe you're not really a good listener"
"what?"
"I said maybe you're not a good listener"
"no, that's not it"