Friday, November 14, 2008

...there will be a dawn.

[v.1]
the lights go out all around me
one last candle to keep out the night
and then the darkness surrounds me
i know i'm alive, but i feel like i've died

and all thats left is to accept that its over
my dreams ran like sand through the fist
that i made
i try to keep warm, but i just grow colder
I feel like i'm slipping away....

[chorus]
After all this has passed...
I still will remain.
After i've cried my last...
there'll be beauty from pain
Though it won't be today,
someday i'll hope again,
and there'll be beauty from pain.
you will bring beauty from pain.

[v.2]
my whole world is the pain inside me.
the best i can do is just get through the day.
when life before is only a memory
i wonder why God lets me walk through this place

and though i can't understand why this happened,
i know that I will when i look back someday.
and see how You brought beauty from ashes
and made me as gold purified through these flames.

[bridge]
here i am, at the end of me
trying to hold to what i can't see.
i forgot how to hope, this night's been so long
i cling to Your promise...
there will be a dawn.

[beauty from pain-superchick]

xoxo

1 comment:

sarah said...

Heysoos I just found your blog- didn't know you had one! It was lovely being your roommate for a few days. I'm glad I got to know you a little better:)