Monday, November 09, 2009

can you say, WOOT!

Yeah, thats right. You KNOW you want to say it outloud. I know I do. But I'm in the library, and they'd probably kick me out for indecent...noise making?
Allow me to describe the circumstances that led to this wonderfulness.
(and notice I said circumstances, meaning that they are subject to change and are NOT what my joy and contentment with life is hinged upon. but fantastic, they are, none-the-less.)

anyways.

#1) I woke up in good time, got ready, managed to look presentable and wasn't too grumpy! (this is quite an accomplishment, btw)
#2) Chapel was amazing. Sat with a good friend, heard a wonderful message of truth. and sang praises to God. mmm it always does my heart good to start my day with my Father.
#3) I got the sweetest, most unexpected blessing from some friends. It made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
#4) STATS CLASS IS CANCELLED!!! (and I apologize for giving this reason all caps, but seriously, you don't know how ecstatic I am....this is like finding out that your mom made your favorite meal and its not even your birthday. or...being sent an anonymous check in the mail with a note that says, "don't spend it all in one place...make it at least three or four!")
#5) I have the lingering memories of a phenomenal weekend that left me so blessed, filled up and ready to face the week!

And at this point, surprisingly, I'm at a loss for words. There are just so many things to talk about, but nothing that jumps to mind.

ok, I got it.

I am a classic American. My life is go, go, go. Always. I have a hard time slowing down, and stepping back from the business and stuff of life. And when I say stuff, I mean, EVERYTHING. it is so inclusive. The meetings, work, social obligations, facebook, phone calls, texts, class, even church, events, everything. They fill up my life so much. every moment in fact, if I let it.
So I am learning how to, as my dear mother says, just "shhh....be still." I am learning how to let God talk to me...to know Him, be comfortable in His presence.
It is a challenge, but one that I hope to overcome, as I know my God more and more each day.

Blessings on you. be strong.

No comments: