Thursday, August 16, 2012

And the summer rolls on....


Here we are again.  SECOND BLOG POST IN ONE WEEK.  I believe this is a record as of late.  
So when I get days off (from nannying and restaurant), I'm supposed to be productive, right?  Clean the loft, run errands, do chores etc... But am I?  Am I ever?  rarely.  I do a lot of sleeping.  

I love sleeping.  Once my dad asked me if I was depressed because I sleep so much.  The answer to that would be no, I'm not depressed.  I'm actually a relatively happy and content individual.  Just really love my feather comforter, pillow and snoozing away.  Helps that I have some good, interesting and adventure-filled dreams.  Another blog post for another time.  Maybe.


Before we get to pictures, I shall tell you that I got my six-month review at work.  SIX MONTHS.  It feels like just last week I was standing bewildered, trying to take it all in on training day #1.  

Not gonna lie, things like "6-month reviews" would normally tend to make me nervous.  But I was pretty calm about this one.  Sometimes I can get...um...defensive when things that I should work on are pointed out to me.  But now I'm an adult, and I can own up to the areas I need work on.  

The review went really well.  My manager went over a lot of different categories that encompass my job as a server in the lounge there at Kincaids.  Basically I'm not fired.  They still like me.  And apparently I'm doing my job pretty well.  So that's always nice.

Alright, on to pictures. 

Tuesday nights I normally get together with some friends of mine.  This week, we got a message from two of the girls hosting saying to show up hungry, dress cute and be ready for a surprise.  I was also asked to make a nice dessert for us all to share.   I was really excited to see what Tanya and Crystal had planned!  
We walked out their back door and they had this little walkway all set up with candles and it looked like a quaint secret garden.
 We entered the garage and they had cleaned it out and set up the sweetest dinner for us! complete with lights, decorations, music and an amazingly yummy food selection!  (Including pasta, bruschetta, fruit salad and broccoli!  All some of my favorite things!)


An old painters ladder was set up with flowers in Mason jars as well as a chalk-board with Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."


A yummy drink table where we drank bubbly Trader Joes juices out of fun, fancy glasses.  (By the way, that is some of the yummiest bubbly drink EVER!)
There's Tanya looking cute and happy!

  

Look how beautiful it looks in the dark  from outside the garage!  It was SUCH an amazing evening.  We all decided that Crystal should start a side business in party planning/decorating.


 
I am so blessed to be friends with these girls.  They all have hearts after God, and are fellow journeyers on the path of life.  Such an encouragement to me. 

 

CHILDRENS!!!

 
 Ender is just TOO CUTE!  he is low-key, happy, calm and an overall fantastic baby.


Miss Karlina loves swinging.  But after you push her, she says, "Auntie, go!" and points to the swing.  She likes us to swing together, side-by-side. 




 Karlina is a cautious slider.  She holds on to the side to make sure she gets down in one piece.





Sierra loves sliding too.   Although it's more running down a steep incline.


 I think this playground was part of a school.  But it was open and was really a kids playing paradise.  They had every piece of play equipment imaginable. 
 AND a purple dragon.  How do you top that?

Auntie sits on the bench, Karlina comes and sits next to me and looks around.  Always a reminder that she is watching and imitating what I do/say.  


Well, I have been hanging out at the house of my friends all evening.  They feed me yummy food, have kids to hang out with, good conversation, a piano to play and delicious nectarines with vanilla ice cream.  I like them.  It's like having a home away from home.  And I know my Mumzy appreciates how much they take care of me.

Now to go home.  Sometimes I stay here at this house really late.  Or should I say...early.  Those involved will know exactly what I'm talking about...and I can just picture the little smile you're getting on your face right now as you remember how wonderful and crazy that night was. Mmmm love memories like those.  

buenas noches.

No comments: