Sunday, September 18, 2011

moving on...

My blog today is two-fold in nature. And although they are separate events i am reporting, they are pretty closely linked.

First of all: I'm going to be an aunt all over again!! AH! I'm so excited about it! Jim, Krissa and Karlina will be joined by baby #2 this march! It is really weird to think about how our family is growing and how by next year at this time, we'll have another little life that fits in so perfectly! I can't even wait!

This leads me to my second announcement...

I'm moving.

To Minnesota.

In January.

So, now on to FAQ:

1. Don't you know you're crazy for moving in winter time? Yes. I am frequently reminded of this by the locals both here and there. and yes, I realize I do not have any of the appropriate wardrobe for survival. working on it.

2. So what exactly will you be doing there? I will be working part time babysitting Karlina and new baby. The other part time I will look for another job. Hopefully in the probation field.

3. You mean you're not pursuing your career? Going to grad school? Working in LA probation? That was three questions. but yes i'll pursue my career. just not how I had originally planned. No. i'm not going to grad school. That hasn't been an option for a while now. and I'm working LA probation until December. And then I will learn about St. Paul probation =) who knows, maybe they have bad kids too.

4. Are you sad about leaving california? Well...yes. I'm sad to be leaving California. Who wouldn't be. But I'm not sad to be going to Minnesota. Does that make sense? I'm actually really excited about starting a new chapter. I've never done anything quite this spontaneous before. It is liberating. On the other hand, I love Altadena church, you all know from previous posts that I love SoCal in general, I have lots of friends and family here etc... this just means we get to use all forms of technology to keep in touch. and I'll buy lots of beach/mountain/city posters for my room =)


These are just a few of the many I'm sure people have. So please leave a comment with a question(s) and I will answer them in the next post. No question is too out there. I'm sure I've heard them all. =)

Anyway...That's my news. Thank you all for your love and support and prayers. While the decision was made relatively spontaneously, there was still a lot of prayer and thought that went into it. Looking forward to hearing your questions, my reading populous (hint-hint).

happy sunday to you all.

5 comments:

andrew k said...

Congratulations to Jim & Krissa & Karlina!

I'm happy for you, lady. Minnesota will be full of adventure and excitement and kids and happiness, and I have a feeling you're going to love it.

PS: see you in December!!

Katie May said...

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
it’s true! you’re moving FAR FAR awayyyy!
here are my questions:

(1) will you forget about me?
(2-4) where will you live? by yourself? with someone else?
(5) will you have a cat?
(6) didn’t think so. will you have a dog?
(7) are you gonna be there foreverrrrrrrr?
(8) what will i do now that i won’t have easy access to youuuuuu?

Anonymous said...

my dear heysoos....part of me is like, my heart is ripped in half thinking about you moving so far away... the other part of my heart is filled with praise and thanksgiving and blessing to see you walk step by step on your journey... sometimes confidently in Christ, sometimes falteringly in sightless faith...always know I love you always!
dad

jody said...

so...fly away my beautiful little bird, to an adventure God had planned long before the sun rose on this day. may the Spirit be as wind under your strong young wings, and may you feel the Son-shine on your face! my tears will dry long before you find your next nesting place...for the deep mother-instinct that little birds were always meant to fly.
I love you!
mom

Bec said...

Wow Suz - this is huge news! Congratulations on being an auntie again . . . it's pretty great! And, Minnesota sounds exciting. We'll miss you so let's hang out a few times before you go!!