Monday, September 19, 2011

tqm mi amiga.

On my last blog, only one person asked questions. So she gets a spotlight blog all of her own. (And just to let you know, she has no idea I'm doing this and would probably turn all blushy and cute and hate that my blog spotlight was on her. but she's worth it.)

First some background. Katie May is one special girl. I never thought we'd be as good of friends as we are (i thought she was always too cool for me, you see)...but somehow it happened! And my life has been SO blessed to have her in it.

She owns the cutest little coffee shop EVER in one of my favorite Mexican towns EVER. If you ever want to take a jaunt south of the border and get one of the best caramel frappe's EVER with a yummy homemade sweet, just trek on down to Cafe Sed.


SEE HOW CUTE IT IS!?!?!

But hold on. I'm getting ahead of myself. Allow me to go back a few years. Back when Katie and I were at a more *ahem* awkward time of life. (I think we'll both agree to that, right katie?! And i'm sure you'll be annoyed I posted these, but whatever...you still love me!)




Who even knows what we were doing here. But we were awesome. (and had just woken up i believe...) I want to say Purdue Trip 2007?



This was after one of the work teams and I hung out with Katie's family. Ryan was visiting. She gave me a duct-tape purse. (Katie you can be comforted that I look pretty terrible in these, so it's humbling haha)



This is one of my favorite pictures. We were doing slip-n-slide in the bodega at CVE (amazingly slippery floors). Us combined with Aly's face and just the whole moment that was captured makes me smile =)




and more recently when i visit her, she makes me yummy arroz con pollo!




One of my favorite treats with one of my favorite people! (Fresas Con Crema made only how the little heladeria can make it in Magdalena =P)


Anyway...Katie is one of my dearest and sweetest friends. Always encouraging and ready with a hug. She is real and genuine and loves Jesus with all her heart. She is a servant, a friend, a fair employer and a great confidant.

So she asked me some questions about me moving. I will answer them here:

(1) will you forget about me? No Katie...that is not even possible. You're far too big a part of my life for me to forget about you.

(2-4) where will you live? by yourself? with someone else? Very good question. At this point in time, I will be looking for apartments with someone from a private university in the area. There is Bethel College and also an all-girls catholic university that will probably have some pretty good options! It'll be an adventure, that's for sure. I have had some pretty bad roommate experiences as well as some pretty amazing ones. So I'm just taking it to God in prayer and leaving it up to him!

(5) will you have a cat? I love how you already know the answer to this one =)

(6) didn’t think so. will you have a dog? I was actually driving along today and thinking how much I want to get a dog when I'm there. But I want a really big dog...so unless I end up living in a house instead of an apartment, I doubt I'll get one. I also sort of want a rat. Don't get grossed out, they are amazing pets. trust me, I know.

(7) are you gonna be there foreverrrrrrrr? Forever is a long time. And no, I won't be gone forever. SoCal really does have my heart and I will always feel the draw to come back here. But it promised me it'll still be here and gave me it's blessing to go out gallivanting.

(8) what will i do now that i won’t have easy access to youuuuuu? Well I'll still come at Thanksgiving...and maybe even squeeze in a spring/summer trip. Other than that, we'll just have to make regular skype dates. Trust me, I'll be missing everyone a LOT...so promise me we'll stay in touch!


Thanks Katie, not only for your questions, but for being a sweet, supportive and AMAZING friend. Tu eres como la hermana que nunca he tenido. I love you with all my heart.


p.s. you might ask why i only waited one day for questions to roll in? well i happen to know that i had 62 views of this post. and only one person asked. so y'all had your chance ;) haha juuuust kidding. maybe.

1 comment:

Katie May said...

YOU'RE RIDICULOUS! adorable, but ridiculous none the less.

and i love you.
and i'm glad you answered ALL of my questions.
and i'm glad you're still gonna visit me.
and i'm glad you'd get a big dog instead of a small dog.
and cats are great.
just so you know.