Sunday, September 11, 2011

unashamed.

"What are we sneaking around for?
Who are we trying to please?
Shrugging off sin, apologizing
Like we're spreading some kind of disease."

[newsboys: i'm not ashamed]



Here's how the story goes. There was once a man in Rwanda around 1980. He was told to renounce Christ or face certain death. he would not betray his faith in Jesus Christ and was killed on the spot. This note was found written on a piece of paper in his belongings:

"I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I won’t look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I’m finished and done with low living, sight-walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, cheap [selfish] giving, and dwarfed goals.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.

I won’t give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I’ve preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ.

I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes. And when He comes, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear. “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ."

[voice of the martyrs. pg 150]


i get chills every time i read or hear that. because this isn't a hallmark card. This is someone's life mission. Someone thought this was so important he died. DIED. seriously...this man's devotion was SO rock solid. and he was killed for this belief.

we live too cushy a life. we don't know what true persecution is. So we let these things slide. These days, in America, "everything" is accepted. it doesn't make joining a fellowship like this anything special. Well, blood-bought redeemed believers in Jesus Christ...let's MAKE it special. Let's make it radical.

Instead of giving myself to a comfortable, emotional religion...I want to dedicate myself to a life-long cause. One that I am bound to and unashamed of. One that requires work and loyalty and has unending rewards.

"I'm not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show
I'm not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus Christ."

[newsboys: i'm not ashamed]

This is something that I, for one, plan on remembering. will you join me in the fellowship of the unashamed?

3 comments:

katie may said...

i want my life to give glory to my LORD...i pray that my death will also. <3

thanks for writing twice, suz.
you know i love ya.

=Drew said...

absolutely.

Anonymous said...

heysoos, I love your unashamedness in Christ! It's an inspiration to me!

Rom 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

143....dad