Saturday, October 22, 2011

Memoirs of a Psuedo-Mom: Day 3

My apologies for not posting last night...
Yesterday was my last day as a Pseudo-Mom. It was actually quite a nice day. Once again woke up in darkness and readied myself in quick time. On Friday's my aunt watches the 5-month-old of a couple from church. So her daddy dropped her off around 7:00 am. Turns out, this baby is pretty amazing. All the boys gather around her for their morning Evie smile...and boy does she give them out.

Lunches get made (although most of the boys were buying lunch at school, so it lessened the work). Oh, and fyi, Nathan (the youngest) likes his hair blow-dried every morning... Pretty sure I spent more time on his hair than I did my own =) I ended up driving all the kids to school and doing drop offs. (this means I drive my aunt's 12 passenger van...makes me feel like REAL mom).

post-drop-offs, me and Evie go home and I sit her on the Kitchen island in her little bouncer while I do work. She just sits there, and coos, and smiles, and plays with her little stuffed bunny. Seriously, the easiest babysitting job one could ask for. During that time I baked yummy caramel rolls to drop off at Mary's house. Mary is a hairdresser who has been selling stuff for Janelle to her clients. They looked so yummy when they were done that I took one and ate it. shhh don't tell. =)

After making the drop-off at Mary's, me and Evie went home. after a feeding and a clean diaper I laid her down for a nap and then just hung out. It was a super relaxing day. When Evie woke up, I fed her again and changed her diaper and we sat around laughing and chilling. for about 10 minutes.
Then it happened. (I apologize for the lack of pictures. it was graphic)
I think I heard it before I smelled it. or maybe the other way around...it all blurs together now. But that girl made some noise...and some stank. Bless her little heart...she's just so cute! but when she leaked through onto my jeans and sweatshirt...well...she was still really cute. I'm telling you, I have NEVER (and I think I can say that confidently) smelled anything that rank. so incredibly potent.
But little Evie just laid there and smiled and cooed and kicked her pudgy-poop-smeared legs. (it was everywhere...up her back...ugh)

Pretty sure I was using that mommy sing-song voice saying things like, "Oooh this is just sooo gross Evie. whaaat have you done!? i have NEVER seen anything soooo yucky! oooh you're just so cute and dirty! oooh."

she was so happy though. really can't hold it against her. Good solid (or not so solid) mommy experience! I feel fully prepared. or maybe not.

Her Mimi (Grandma Sandy) came to pick her up at around 1 in the afternoon. After picking up the boys from school, We just hung around, played computer, watched a movie and snacked.

When my uncle got home, I packed my bags, gave hugs all around and left. Overall it was a fantastic experience. (aside from getting in a car accident). Even the baby poop didn't scare me from motherhood. BRING. IT. ON.

well...maybe not too soon ;)

Post-mama-life found me attending the homecoming game at my old high school, so I could see all my old class-mates and teachers. It made me miss some of the amazing people I met there...
I got to hang out with my little brother, and found out he was quite popular at high school...we were stopped every five seconds by someone.
"Hey Joe! How ya doin' man!?"
"Joooe oh my goodness i miss you so much!"
"Dude! how's college...it's not the same without you here."
"Heyyy, bring it in...show some love."

seriously...he never told us.


A late-night In-'N-Out run topped off a great week and a great night. I'm seriously gonna miss this place and these people. a lot.


Align CenterThanks all, for joining me on my pseudo-mom adventure! =)

No comments: