Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It was a typical Monday...or not.

It started out as a relatively normal monday morning. Uncle Johnny and Aunt Amy were visiting from out of town, and so Little K got three babysitters for the day.

Post breakfast, John and Karlina and myself went to the park with Sierra.


K loves holding Sierra's leash. And at this point, Sierra can't pull her down, so it's perfect!



They are just SO adorable together!! I love it!



Then Johnny and Sierra and K went swinging!



John started running around with Sierra chasing him and K thought it was really fun. (Notice the "Boys Only" label on the swing. we're rebels like that)



Did some hanging around on the monkey bars.



Played on the slide. Also a rebel move. would rather climb up than slide down!




Played some peek-a-boo






Then we went to go run some errands. Sierra got a little curious and climbed my shoulders to stare at Little K. She's such a peach. both she's are peaches. I'm not even sure where calling someone a peach came from. whatever.



Then Sierra got in a cuddly mood and went to Uncle Johnny's lap.

All day, Little K had been acting a little abnormal. Not quite as bubbly or talkative or energetic. And she seemed to want to cuddle a lot.


She practically fell asleep on Aunt Amy after playing at the park.


Then as we were walking around Trader Joe's, all she wanted to do was lay on John's chest and we could tell she was starting to feel warm to the touch.

But at that moment, the phone rang. It was her daddy. So I picked up and he said, "Hey, how's it going?" So I proceeded to tell him about K's eating, playing, fever etc...and I heard Krissa in the background commenting (I must have been on speaker phone). Something didn't seem right...Jim was supposed to be at work. So I asked why Kris was there. He said (rather nonchalantly, I might add), "Oh, we just had a baby." haha it was SUCH FUN to hear how FAST baby had arrived. So we waited til they were settled in a patient room, then went to go visit!

Meet baby brother!!!


Ender James
8 lbs, 4 oz. 20.5 in.







Look at that head of hair!!!



Holding him for the first time! he's SOOO tiny compared to Little K



Aunt Amy taking her turn. They were so glad they got to be here to meet him before they left the next morning!!


Uncle Johnny meeting Ender. he looks so small in John's big arms!



K was enjoying the fun hospital munchies. She didn't quite get what was going on...but she loved just being with Mommy and Daddy.


First Family picture! Many more to come =)



Eyes-open Ender.



Mohawk Ender.

The nurse asked if they wanted her to do a mohawk after his bath. it was seriously SO CUTE!


Adorable dimpled Ender (YES! the kid has got the most gorgeous dimples in each cheek. prominent ones! it was hard to capture in a picture. but you can see one on the left there. He's gonna be a knock-out!)


We are so blessed to have this addition to our family! I'm grateful to be here; not only to see Ender so soon after birth, but also to be able to help out J&K with both kids. It really is an honor. Please continue praying for everyone's health, sleep, and sanity. It's about to get crazy up in here. (did I mention that raising a puppy is like having another child? except you have to constantly watch because she doesn't wear a diaper? yeah...it's taxing)

But I love my life. God has poured to over-flowing the blessings on me.

Thanks for rejoicing with us as we begin our lives with the addition of Ender.

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Thanks for the picture fix Suzy. I LOVE the one of you and Ender - you look so genuinely HAPPY. I think when people say "smiling with her eyes" they mean you in that pic. And I love the dimples. Good capture.

Katie May said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's SOOO presh! he's gonna be a heart breaker, that one!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great news! Congratulations and Blessings to all :)

Dan L. said...

Pictures!!!! YES!

It did this heart good to see John and Amy there with you. Now I need to hurry back up there to see the lil man!

Bec said...

Jenna: "Is Karlina really walking the puppy? I want to walk that puppy. I miss Suzy. Is she coming back for Easter like Aunt Sue? Oh my goodness. That baby has dimples JUST LIKE ME!"

Bec: Congratulations! I'm so excited to see these photos and excited about our new little baby cousin Ender :)

Anonymous said...

Thankk you so much for the wonderful pictures - I am thinking I went on facebook just in time and your Blog is so special. I feel so blessed to have a new little great grandson (#6) and he is so adorable and precious. And Karlina with Sierra on the leash is so cute and all the pictures at the park and with John and Amy too. You have some busy days ahead. Love you, Grammy

Ewok said...

Yay Endor!