Tuesday, March 27, 2012

snippets of life.

the air was cool and wet. the rain had subsided, with only a gentle mist falling from the mottled grey skies. as I drove across the smith street bridge, the view caught my eye and took my breath away.


St. Paul:
lights twinkling and reflecting off water-covered ground and absorbing into the dense sky.
steam from the power plants wafting across the skyline. I'm driving and don't have a quality camera...so capturing this moment is a challenge. But I love this view. I want to stand and stare at it. I see the brick buildings erected so many decades ago. I see the river, which used to have open land on either side, that is now fully developed. I see history. I see a bigger picture to the individuals I walk by every day. Somewhere in that tangle of lights, rain, people, bridges, buildings and cars, I live.

and in this moment, i am completely content to call this home.



The same view at night.
"Lights will guide you home..."




One of my favorite things is to drive around after a rain storm...early evening when the daylight begins to fade. seeing the reflections of brake lights on the wet ground. it reminds me of days in my childhood...rainy days...when staying at home and doing school was perfect. Vivid pictures of driving after a rain storm flash in my mind. those are good memories.

With the rain comes.....


GREEN! I have never appreciated green as much as I do now. it is so beautiful and vibrant and just brings the city to life.


Pretty sure I probably looked ridiculous taking pictures of the random clumps of grasses.




This sweet girl delights my heart. She brings joy, smiles, sweetness and innocence to my life.



I am learning to delight in all the joys and challenges of raising a puppy. She is so much fun at times...and also very frustrating. I am constantly cleaning up after her, scolding her, loving on her, smacking her nose, rubbing her tummy, teaching commands, cuddling or just talking to her. I take it as a good sign that even though I discipline her a lot, she still likes to be near me, curled up at my feet while I'm doing my hair or cooking, running toward me and standing between my legs...as well as nibbling on my fingers, toes, ears and any other exposed skin she can sink her little puppy teeth into.


Just got her a new tag =) now not only is she identifiable, but she jingles and jangles around the loft so I know where she is.


when she's quiet, she's either destroying something or she's snoozing. I prefer the latter. =)



Enjoyed quality time with my good friend Tasha. felt good to have a familiar friend to hang out with and talk to and enjoy girl time with. truly a blessing in my weekend.


And now onto the pictures you've all been waiting for!!!


Me cuddling sweet baby Ender.


eyes open, staring at nothing...working his little senses.




Love his myriad of facial expressions...most of which happen while sleeping.



He grins and shows his little dimples when he's having a good dream. always wonder what little babies dream about.



He is beautiful. and flawless. Sometimes I just sit and stare at him, taking in his intricate and perfectly made features. baby ears are a work of art. the Creator carefully knit little Ender together so that all his parts work together so he survives, thrives, and grows.

What a multitude of blessings my life is made up of. my heart overflows with thankfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, since nobody else is going to comment, I'll be the one to say, great photos and thanks for the update! A week is a long time to wait! With bated breath!

Katie May said...

<3 <3 <3