Friday, March 07, 2014

Pride

I just wrote two paragraphs and deleted them.  Because they weren't going anywhere.  
And I am faced with the reality that I have nothing to blog about. 
No real exciting pictures.
No super riveting stories.

All I really have to say is that God is continuing to show himself faithful.  I am really struggling with work (lots of details that I won't go into right now), and I find myself needing to turn to him more than I thought.  

A big lesson I'm learning right now is that I am too invested in my job.  And it stems from pride.  Pride that I can do my job and do it well.  Pride that I will be the one who gets through to my client.  Pride that I have not been physically assaulted yet.  Pride that I  can and will pick up the slack where a few of my coworkers drop it.  

And it is not good.  I am getting exhausted.  Because doing all those things on my own may be possible for a little while...but it drains energy, produces cynicism and makes for a pretty miserable feeling.  So I've been facing this, realizing that I can't do any of these things without Jesus' strength.  
Ben has been incredibly patient with me, because I come home with complaints on how things just aren't working out...and he hears me out, challenges me, prays with/for me, and gives me lots of hugs.  

And Jesus.....well he listens to me as I beg for his strength as I'm going to work.  He settles my knotted up stomach as I face an uneasy situation.  He brings peace to my soul by reminding me of his Words that he will never leave me or forsake me.

*sigh*

On another slightly less dramatic note, our dog is getting cabin fever (or winter fever?) and is going stir crazy inside the house.  I feel bad for her, I really do...but I can't bring myself to take her out for walks when it is 5 (windchill of -10).  So i throw her a stick for a little bit from the (somewhat) sheltered back door.  All of this to say, she is getting mischievous.  She ate an entire bag of marshmallows and tore into a can of putty from the basement storage room.  Didn't really eat much of that, but definitely got some in her mouth.  Due to these eating adventures (and others I'm sure we're oblivious to at this time), she had a LARGE bowel movement (squishy and disgusting) in her basement cage on sunday...and vomited in the middle of the night in our room last night.  She is healthy and fine today, so I'm not too worried.  
We generally aren't the type of couple to rush our dog to the Vet Emergency room when our dog eats questionable items (unless we know she at something that could poison her).  Sorry if that offends some of you.



Well...this post has been sitting here for OVER A WEEK...just waiting to be published.  And its kind of a tragedy, because now a bunch of stuff in my life has changed.
Like the teensy fact that I am between jobs once again.  *sigh*
but that will be for my next blog. which will come sooner than later....because my life is getting less crazy.
this is a good thing.

For the moment though, my parents are visiting and I am enjoying a break from the muddled mess that my life has been.

au revoir!  

No comments: