Tuesday, January 24, 2012

at a loss. or not?

After a nice morning of sleeping in and taking my time getting ready, I bundled up and headed out the door to make something of my day.

In the driveway, I faced a frozen Simon. Snow and ice on his windows, mud on his running boards and a chill throughout his cab. *sigh* it took me a solid twenty minutes to get him ready to drive. Being the genius that I am, I realized that turning on the windshield defroster on full blast really helps melt the ice. Oh the things one learns when one lives where ice covers one's car.

Anyway, point of this blog post was to say, as I was braving the streets of St. Paul (garnering a parking ticket along with that), I literally asked myself, "What can you write about for your next blog?" I would look at people, buildings, talk to God...none of it was inspiring enough to write about here.

You know why I asked myself this question? Because there is pressure. I feel the pressure of all 60-some of my readers to post again soon. about something important, or funny, or inspiring. And I was feeling writers block. This fame thing isn't all its cracked up to be.

haha. just kidding.

I don't even know who 75% of my readers are. But that's ok. I'm down with the anonymity. -ish. (except when people post comments as "Anonymous" but don't leave me any sort of sign to figure out who they are...Like my parents know what to say so I know its them.)

Back to the subject of this post.

oh wait. there wasn't one.

Hmm...updates? Life is good. Really good. I'm enjoying staying with this family from church. I'm looking for jobs (4 applications filled out/turned in...and i think two more tomorrow). I am getting to know this city (and surrounding areas). I'm getting anxious to move into my own place and start a routine of life. (still working on finding a bed/mattress and sofa-challenging to do with no job).

I was going to do a pictureless post. but realized i DO have some pictures to share. So here they are.




On sunday evening, we went over to another family from church's house. And they have a pond out back of their house that is FROZEN. and they snow-plow a little rink in it and skate on it. AHH! I've skated before, but not on a pond. it was fabulous. Unfortunately, the skates I had on were a bit snug, so my feet were numb in a few minutes. Still, it was a blast.


Here I am, post skating...just sitting on a folding chair. ON ICE. it's really so cool that we were on a body of water.

side note: all these fun winter things excite me at times. Every time I see snow, I want to run and shove a fist-full in my mouth. I really liked the skating on the body of water. I thought scraping ice was adventurous for the first 30 seconds.




One of Miss K's favorite things is to play with cords. of any kind. That day it was the car phone charger. We were playing peek-a-boo behind the loft door, and she kept grinning and laughing delightedly! Her happiness is SO contagious.

We continued this game where Mom would go inside, and we'd wait outside, and she'd knock and K would loooook at the door and then Mom would open it and She would just light up with giggles and smiles. Then we'd wave "bye-bye" and do it all over again. so much fun! Here's the play-by-play!


(first laugh as the door was opened)


("Say bye-bye Karlina!")


(action shot!)

Love this girl. Love how she just embraces life, full-force and delights in the smallest of things. She is like me in that she thrives on people-interaction and is a true social butterfly (who occasionally gets a random shy streak)

So I'll endure the ice, the cold, the layers, the slippery roads...all for this little girl.

I thank all 60-some of you for your dedication in reading...even when I lose my inspiring streak. This post ended up being a little more put-together than I had originally seen it to be. time to modify the title.
Au Revoir blogspot world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hint: I've seen personally how often your camera phone points and clicks...so you should have no shortage of photos...which means you have material for blogs. Remember the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words!" Keep 'em coming!

Marilyn said...

We're going to miss you tonight. Hope you can thaw out yourself (and Simon) and good luck with the job search.

Katie May said...

brrrrrrr! and funnn! :] i wanna visit you sometime! praying for your job/routine/mattress finding! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.

Anonymous said...

p.s. did you figure who the above anonymous was yet? :) this could be fun!

Heidi said...

So, this is your favorite Aunt Heidi, no anonymous here. . . I have one more I can relate to the whole getting used to the cold and ice and foreign world story to tell. I was about 2 years in. I was much younger than you, probably a whole 19 years old by then. I had a baby in an infant seat which is what kids sat in before car seats (yes, I'm old, so is my child), I had a washer but no dryer so I had a whole mornings worth of clean laundry in a basket that I was about to take to the launromat to dry and when I went out to the car with said baby in seat, laundry in basket, the lock on the car door was frozen. Who ever heard of frozen car locks? not me. What on earth? But, I was smart. I was brilliant. I was resourceful. I took baby inside, and boiled a pan of water. Then I took baby and pan of boiling water back out to car where my clean laundry was waiting, now crispy with ice, by the frozen locked car. I threw that boiling water on the lock and with all the nasty winter grime of the outside of the car it came splashing back at me, and my clean laundry . . . which was in an instant turned to soiled, mud splattered laundry. So back inside we went to start over, baby in seat, clean laundry now dirty again, and one very disheartened California transplant. It was a memorable but sad day. The end. Hang in there Suzy - you can do this.

Anonymous said...

St Paul too cold and icy... You are very brave!

- Oprah