Thursday, January 12, 2012

playing catch-up.

Alright. I'm sitting in a hotel room babysitting two little boys that I just met. Jacob is nine months old and in the crib whimpering himself to sleep. Britton is 4 and is watching Tarzan. So i have a lot of time to update this blog. and let me tell you...it will be lengthy. with lots of pictures...and stories. =)

First, I have to tell you what this adorable 4-year-old told me tonight. Here are a few quotes from the evening.

We're sitting at dinner and he comes up to me and whispers, "I love you. and you're beautiful. I want to marry you. Well you and my mom and actually everyone. Except Emmett. Because he's a boy. and I can't marry a boy. well, his voice sounds like a girl, but he's really a boy."

*we're walking holding hands*
Me: Ok you can watch a movie while I feed Jacob and put him to sleep
Brit: Do you have milk in your belly to feed Jacob? Because my mom, she has milk in her belly and that is how she feeds Jacob.
Me: No, you have to have a baby to feed him that way. Your mom had jacob and that is how she feeds him like that. I haven't had a baby so I have to feed him from a bottle.
Brit: Well how about we pray to God to give you a baby so you can feed her from your belly.
*stops walking, lets go of my hand and folds his hands*
Brit: Dear God, can you please send Miss Suzy a baby girl so she can feed her from her belly? Thank you. *looks up at me all excited* Miss Suzy! God's gonna send you a baby girl because I just prayed for him to!

He was messing with the TV remote and I said, "Britton, don't touch, don't touch...can you give it to me please?" to which he responded, "you sound just like my mom."

I asked him to take off his clothes to change into his pajamas and he said, "Can you not look at me? You're a stranger and you're not supposed to look at my private parts."
His parents have trained him well. I reassured him that I would not look.


Here they are =)

All I know is these kids are precious. We're having fun tonight. Ok on to the rest of the post.


Christmas time. I was in Arizona for almost two weeks...the thursday before Christmas til the tuesday after New Years. my mom's ENTIRE side of the family was there. All the cousins, in-laws, nieces...it was fabulous.


This is me and Amy, my sister-in-law. I like her a lot.

One of the days (post quadding accident) we all (and i mean...we ALL) went to the Zoo.


We were walking around the gift-shop waiting til the parents go there to pay for our tickets in. Then one of our group walked up and said, go to the front and say, "We are one of the 9" and they'll give you a stamp. So we all walked up one-by-one and said that. It felt like a secret society. So we all did a hand-stamp circle to show our brotherhood.


First animal exhibit was the flamingos. They were beautiful. We decided that if one were to have a flamingo drumstick it would probably look something like a cake pop.


Like that. hehe



Then I tried my hand...err...leg at being a flamingo. Turns out, balancing on one leg while being so graceful is harder than it looks.



Then came the giraffes. so fun to see and feed. but after that day i will never see giraffes the same.




crazy long tongue action going on. It's like, if their neck wasn't long enough, they can still get almost a foot farther. haha




I actually learned that day that giraffes have a special brain sponge that kicks into gear when they bend down. Because of the length of their neck, their hearts have to pump blood much more powerfully to make it to their brain. So when they bend down, if all that blood goes that fast to their brain, it would explode. so this little sponge filters it so that it doesn't overload their brain. crazy.


Feeding the Lory birds. They are marvelous. But you can only feed them for 15 minutes cuz supposedly apples go through them quick and then they start dropping the nasty.


My beautiful mumzy feeding her bird.


Moving along to Christmas time.


My adorable niece, Karlina, opening her gift from great-grandma Johanna.



My adorable niece playing peek-a-boo.



My adorable niece being...well...adorable.




Christmas dinner at Aunt Laurie and Uncle Herbie's house. All of us around one table. Minus Johnny and Amy who had to return to their job at Gateway in Indiana. =(



Super classy. Turns out, my Aunt Laurie has got superb taste in table decor. and every decor for that matter.


I love these fabulous girl cousins of mine!


One day all of us ladies got dressed to go out for tea to celebrate Grandma's birthday.


This group of women right here mean so much to me. They embody love, hospitality, wisdom, hard work, faithfulness, character and most importantly, godliness.



Then New Years rolled around and I got to spend it with these two wonderful girls, Tasha and Heather. They were my companions on my road-trip this summer.


See the wonderful hats we're wearing? Heather made those in one afternoon. both of them. MADE THEM. She is so talented.



Then it was the wedding of my dear childhood friend, Breana last weekend. So crazy that I'm now at that stage of life where all my friends are getting married...seems like just yesterday we were playing dress-up together.





One of my favorite things to do (even though I don't do it often) is to go to the Canyon right by my house. I spent hours of my childhood there...hiking, rock-hopping, playing airsoft with the boys. So fun.



Been fitting in all this great friend hang-out time. (patty, me, ana and jess) These are the girls from my book club. We aren't much of a book club anymore. But we still get together pretty regularly. I'm gonna miss them a lot.

And now for moving week updates. I am leaving next Tuesday. I began packing everything monday of this week.


These are my stacks of books and things that I'm taking with me. It didn't seem like I had that much until I pulled it all off the shelves and stacked it up.



Did a thrift store run and had so much to sort through. My mom has been wonderful about getting me all set up to move into my own place!



These are my dishes. Aren't they classy? $3.95. yeah. read it again. It's true.


4 for $4.95


4 @ $1.95 each.



white bathroom rugs ($1.95 each), little bedside rug ($3.95) and red kitchen rug ($3.95)

I also got my pots and pans at the same great deals, my mom gave me kitchen utensils, dish rags...Basically I'm all outfitted for my OWN PLACE! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

*sigh* Most of my stuff is all packed now, we just have to fit it all in Simon. Poor boy is gonna be weighed down. Good thing he's super manly enough.

I'll be busy the next few days. My roommate from college is getting married this weekend and I have the honor of being one of her bridesmaids. I'm super excited, but starting tomorrow, I'll be pretty non-stop til I leave on Tuesday.

Right now, my prayers are filled with thankfulness to God at how amazing the past few weeks have been...praise for how smoothly this moving process is going so far, and the provision I've had to date...request for peace and a calmed spirit as I embark on this journey...and comfort as I know I'm gonna bawl my eyes out at some point when it all hits me.

3 comments:

whitney said...

this is all so exciting Suzy. you are about to embark on a beautiful journey. i'm so excited to see how God uses this in your life. it's so exciting becoming independent and having your own space. it will be really hard- i know this. but in the end, you will look back and say "wow, thank you God for pushing me and changing me." love you! hope everything goes well.

Bec said...

Well, J's ahead of you on the bawling her eyes out . . . at dinner tonight when she remembered that you're not coming over tomorrow she sort of lost it (think snow globe x10). That little boy you babysat is a crack up and oh my goodness your niece is adorable! Tell your bro to start a blog so we can see more photos :)

Bec said...

Oh wait . . . you'll be posting photos of her all the time now, right?? Drive safely!