Tuesday, January 31, 2012

walking on the strand.

I honestly could NOT think of a title. (even after writing the whole blog...)
So I decided to name it something that I miss doing due to being in Minnesota.

Wow...it's the end of January and I haven't blogged all that much. But I have an excuse with the whole moving thing.

I would have posted before this...but I haven't been doing a whole lot, so there wasn't much to write about.

BUT TODAY warrants a post.

Well let me back up. Sunday after church I had an amazing opportunity given to me by a good friend. He has certain connections to a certain Christian band who needed people to sing for their next record. So I went and sang with a bunch of other people and if you listen to Tenth Avenue North, you'll probably hear my voice on some of their tracks of their new album!

THEN, said friend also hooked me up with two tickets to TAN's concert that night (along with MercyMe, Sidewalk Prophets, Lecrae and others!). I took my cousin Dan and we had a fabulous evening! SUCH a blessing. I love live music so much! Especially when you get hundreds of people all singing praises to God in unison. *sigh* Thanks again, Ry...i know you work with these people a lot, and you see lots of live concerts...but you have no idea how much that meant to me!

Back to today....

first of all, it was 45 degrees. And it felt SO mild that I actually rolled down the windows (turned up the heater), cranked the music and drove all around. I dropped off a resume at another restaurant I wanted to work at...sat at a Starbucks for an undisclosed amount of time...and then I just drove.

One of my absolute favorite things to do is drive while listening to music. I loved it especially in LA because everything is so different and there are always fascinating things to see. But I realized there is a lot to see in St. Paul too! I just started driving and turning and turning and driving and it was fabulous! I saw lots of amazing things, listened to great music and just got a little more familiarized with the city I'm living in!

Anyway...last week, I stopped by a restaurant that I want to work at, and they told me they are hiring and to come back this week and talk to their hiring manager. So this afternoon I stopped by and turns out, she is interested in me and we're gonna meet on Friday and talk about it! Interview I guess?

I'm pretty excited! We'll see if it pans out...but in the meantime, keep praying!

Hmm...I guess the next big thing is actually moving into the loft. WOOHOO!

Basically, through all the unknowns and doubts I've had...one thing is true. God is good, all the time. And he is by my side through everything. (and I'm not just saying that because I got a job interview. because I still have tough things I'm dealing with and working through)

Sorry there are no pics on this one. surprising, i know! Oh well..there will be more soon, as I'm moving and spending more time with my niece!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your words are a picture....miss you, 43