Friday, February 03, 2012

in-between post.


This is the in-between post. Everything exciting happens...later.

Today I had my job interview. and it went really well (at least I thought so...) but the results will be announced at a later date.

Tomorrow I'm actually moving into the loft. I cannot express how excited I am! Seriously, I am so jazzed to be starting this next chapter of my life! Yesterday I went shopping for some home-basics (laundry detergent, a broom, cleaning supplies, dish soap etc...) and it felt so weird to be "setting up house."

Anyway, I'll have a super big announcement post with lots of pictures of the loft and such. and to tell you about the job. Until then, here are some pictures.



First of all, ALL THE SNOW MELTED. which means three things:
1. it is a LOT uglier. Boring, brown and BLAH.
2. NO ICE!!! No scraping my windshield. AND this makes driving SO much easier. I am not used to having to think about driving...so it is so nice to make turns like a normal person, not like a...well i'll spare you the stereotypes.
3. It's WARMER. no need to bundle-bundle every time I leave the house. Just a simple coat. And simon warms up much faster. it's fabulous.




This pic was from a while ago, but it shows the genetic similarity between father and daughter and their fantastic expressive eye brows.


She has some great facial expressions because of it. (and when she eats, she really gets into it)





She LOVES her meal times. (a girl after my own heart, truly). Tragically, she does not like Mac n' Cheese (something that me and her dad are trying to cure her of. how can a kid with our last name NOT love it!) So we smother it in spaghetti sauce and she eats it like a fiend.








We have good times together, me and her. I love this girl SO much. and I find myself smooching her cheeks. Kissing and cuddling babies is something I learned really well from my Aunt Nell. She's the baby-kissing-cuddling queen!



Yay for fancy fruit boxes for packing. Seriously, they look super classy. I kind of want to keep them as decoration. Totally urban-y, right?

Well thanks for your patience. Soon your curiosity for pictures of the loft will be satisfied. =)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Love LOVE, love the photos! Thanks Aunt Suzy! Baby girl is such a cutie. Reminds me so much of her daddy! Keep posting!

Shari Schwind said...

Suzy, Your apartment is so cute. I know you will have lots of fun decorating it and making it your own.
Hey if you cover your board with batting and fabric on your washer/dryer you can use it as a quick ironing board. :)
Have fun with all the new experiences and opportunties that the Lord give you during this time. Blessings on your new place.

You are a great writer! I'll have to use some your blogs for examples for my kids. Your blog has been fun to read. Keep it up!