Monday, February 06, 2012

my humble abode.

First of all, this reminds me of an Odyssey tape from my childhood where Doris Rathbone tells someone, "Welcome to our humble commode..." Bart, her husband, corrects her..."Abode, Doris." It's classic Rathbone interaction.

ANYWAY.

THIS IS THE POST!!! THE ONE WITH PICTURES!!!



The day began with a layer of frost on everything. Their spiky formations adorned everything and added a beautiful touch to the day. Needless to say, it was a bit nippy.



Most of my possessions were in plastic bags (easier transport than boxes). As we moved J&K out, we moved me in. And put the stuff in the bathroom to keep it out of the way.


This doesn't even begin to show how chaotic the place was. So much stuff everywhere (and this was after a majority of it was moved out).



My first lunch party in the loft. Jimmy-Johns and pop. (WHAT? did I just say pop? ugh. it's SODA). This was the moving team for the better half of the day. Krissa, Micah, Mark and Jim.



Ok, this is from the front entry way looking into the main part of the loft. It's basically this room, the kitchen to the front-left and the bedroom a little behind on the left and the bathroom in the middle left.



This is my cool kitchen table next to the window that overlooks the city.



The rest of my kitchen. (the cool bubble mirrors over the sink are my sister-in-laws and I think she'll want them eventually in her new house. but til then I'm enjoying them!)




This is from the windows looking back toward the front door.



In the previous picture you can see the very bottom of this shelf on the wall on the left.
This is it. It's so fabulous. It's a board hung from the ceiling. And my desk will go under it when i get it this weekend.



This is my rug, my little chair and my little table. That's pretty much the extent of my furniture. But hey, i can live as a minimalist. maybe.



This is the bathroom. Is it weird to take pictures of the bathroom? I mean, it's a room like any of the other ones. AAAND it is an important room because....


It houses my laundry! That is a washer/dryer combo machine. Pretty legit. And a nice work-board Krissa put over the top, as well as some great storage above it.



One of my armoires. A quality amount of storage space.


The closet. With great sliding barn doors (actually the bathroom has one of those great hung doors). This closet has lots of storage space. It's really nice. I also have another little armoire with a full-length mirror on it, but I forgot to take a picture. (I know, i could get up and take a picture, but I'm comfy in bed. you'll survive).



This is the bedroom in which those closets are. At this point, I'm sleeping on an air-mattress on the floor. I'm getting my real mattress this weekend. I think I will eventually get another mattress and put it up on the little loft (as I do not need it for extra storage and who wouldn't want to sleep on a cool suspended loft.)

So there it is. I love it a lot. It's tiny, but I need no more space. The future plans do include a sofa and maybe another sitting chair. I get my desk and bed this weekend...other than that, I'm pretty much set! Tonight, I did a LOT of cleaning in the kitchen. I cleaned out the entire Freezer/Fridge and washed everything. I washed my dishes and put them in their cupboards, I cleaned counters, swept the floor and finally it felt like...home. It was such a surreal feeling to think that this is MY kitchen. and it may seem silly to you, but I felt so grown up. I mean, I've lived away from home...but not on my own. It's a totally different feeling.

I still have a lot of clothes unpacking to do. It feels quite daunting to go through everything and hang it all up. I have a ton of closet space, as you saw...I'll get to it soon hopefully.

It is literally right in Downtown. If I get the job I interviewed for, then it'll be walking distance, IN the skyway! Overall, it is just fabulous. and if I know you and we're friends, then you should come visit me. Preferably in the spring/summer.

Well that's all folks. I am going to head to bed. I have another full day of watching Little K. She was a little moody today as she's been sick. But we did have a few good times.


We took a field trip to Target to see all of the colorful and amazing things they had there. She enjoys walking around with my keys in one hand, waving at people with the other and touching everything at her level. It isn't much, but it gets us out of the house. =)

Happy days to you all =)

11 comments:

Katie May said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE like LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!
imma come trash your lovely place for you sometime. 'cause when i live out of a suitcase...i get my stuff everywhere somehow. yippie!

Theresa said...

Looks like fun Suzy and makes me excited for you. I think you're going to love having your own place. And my own laundry in my house is on my must have list every time I move, which turns out to be fairly often.

Raquel said...

suzy that is just ADORABLE! i love it! :-]

Anonymous said...

Darn, I don't know you, so I can't come visit :(

heysoos said...

@ katie: come trash my place ANY time. P.s. it's only like a 7 hour drive to central IL. So I can be a pit stop on your way there =)

@ theresa: so far I love it a lot! And having my own laundry is so nice!

@ raquel: thanks =) come visit!

@ "anonymous": with a name like that...can you even really know yourself?

Bec said...

What a cool loft - I love it. Should I put big sister on the next plan to come visit you and play golden retrievers?? And, beginning a post with an Odyssey reference - pure awesomeness.

heysoos said...

@Bec: what a fun adventure it would be to have big sister come and play golden retrievers! I sure do miss my wednesdays with your girls!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...do they have tornado's in St. Paul?? The tornado touch downs around here have suddenly disappeared. I always knew there was a thread of domestication in there somewhere:) Go girl!
I know you so I'm gonna come visit LW!
143

Anonymous said...

What is that supposed to mean?

Anonymous said...

I know myself well, dear

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful loft!!!