Friday, November 18, 2011

mexico, te veo pronto!



See that? It's a flag.
of a country.
that I will soon be in.
one of my favoritest countries in the whole wide world.

That's right, it is time once again for our annual trip to Magdalena de Kino, Mexico.
I have been to Magdalena close to 16 times in the past five-ish years. Six of those times have been the past consecutive Thanksgivings. It has become a tradition for my family to go down to Mexico and spend the week working, cooking and serving Thanksgiving dinner to 300 people (give or take a few). I love it so much.

Plus my friend Katie lives down there and owns the cutest little coffee shop which I wrote about here. I am excited to see her again and drink some yummy drinks and eat a yummy baked good.

Please keep us in your prayers. Not only for everyone's safe travels down there, but also for the week, and CVE (the orphanage) as well. we have a powerful Enemy who would like nothing more than to thwart the work of God going on in the lives of all associated with this place.
But God is able and faithful to protect the hearts, minds and bodies of His children. Also pray for the townspeople that we will be serving. Pray that our light of Christ can shine brightly as we just do something as simple as share a meal together.

And with that, my blog-readers, I sign off for a week. I shall be sure and post many pictures and whatnot when I get back!

adios muchachos!

1 comment:

Katie May said...

TOMORROWWWWW!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait to see your face in my shop. and give you a big ol' hug xoxoxoxo.