Saturday, November 12, 2011

nothing in particular, everything in general.

So I've been collecting pics on my iPhone and so I decided to do a random post of all the happenings of my life as of late. Sorry I haven't really done any sort of deep/spiritual post lately. I'll do it soon enough, don't worry =)

And this post will be a lot about children. I seriously babysit 2-5 times weekly.




This is me and Sasha. She is my cousin's daughter. It is my first time babysitting her and her little brother. But they were SO good! such sweet kids. We spent most of our time at the park, which they loved.



This is Fischer. He has the greatest facial expressions. And he looks just like his Daddy, Kurt. He was just happy to sit in the swing and look all around and drool.



Not sure if this is a new nick-name or not, but Sash started calling Fischer "Fish-Stick" at the park...so we called him that the rest of the day. her little pigtails are just SO CUTE.



Thursday night, I went out to Simi Valley with my cousin Bec and her two daughters (who I have written posts about before). We went to watch my other cousins Justin and Seth play in their marching band at the football game.
J really enjoyed the feature of my phone that allowed us to take pics of ourselves from the front-camera.


There's the marching band that my cousins are playing it. It was so well done!



J&A using the awesome iPhone feature.



This is the marching band in their perfect line!



This is me and Callum and Nathan (who is my cousin). they are that fun age of 7...just too many exciting times and its tempting to always want to smooch their cute lil cheeks. (unfortunately they don't always appreciate that!)



The other day I was babysitting Bec's daughters, and this is how I found little A when I went to go check on her. I just love her little pigtail off the top of her head and her little tush up in the air!



One of the newer little girls I babysit. She is four, very into gymnastics (hence the leotard), loves talking about anything and everything. Her name is Graham. She has a little sister Piper, but she was sleeping the whole time I was there.



Random piece of trivia. my dog eats raw pumpkin. even slightly old, wilty pumpkin. GROSS. But our pumpkins kept disappearing from the table and I found her eating one in the yard. hopefully it doesn't kill her.



This year was my Grammy's 81st birthday. I love these family times. We all squeeze in the dining room of whatever house we're at, we sing, laugh, talk, eat and it's just so wonderful. and loud. the children run, yell, hide, touch EVERYTHING and screech. But I would never trade these memories for anything. Happy birthday Grammy! I love you!



This is my job description.
I could seriously wake up everyday and do this for a really, really long time.



And since we're speaking of work, this is the collection of gangster belt-buckles we have confiscated and that sit on our wall side-board. I should take a pic of the hats we confiscate...I think we have close to 20.



this is just a random picture of a car I saw driving on the 110 the other day. it made me laugh...It was slow traffic, so I was stopped at the time of the picture taking, for those of you who are concerned with my safety.


And I'll leave you all with that. I am actually headed out to go babysitting again! And you'll probably end up seeing those pictures!

Blessings on your weekend!

3 comments:

Bec said...

So fun to see you this week . . . looking forward to having you back to play with the girls on Wednesday afternoon. And, if I forget, remind me to ask you about babysitting on 12/3 :)

Theresa said...

I like these pics too!

Just a Gal said...

I sit amazed. I was looking for the verse of .. he holds my tears in a bottle and found your blog . and shared it with a friend . she doesnt even want to hear the name Jesus , but I sent her this bottle pic. long story. then I went into your pics of your family . and saw that you work as a probation officer maybe?. I have been feeling lead by all sorts lf little forces since I was a child actually toward those in prison , and I want to be able to know how to go about with a prison ministry , if this is where the Lord wants me . but so many fears arrest me . anyways . I sure do thank you for sharing of your world and family and life. may God keep guiding you along. He sure heard my prayer when I asked Him about that bottle . .. yours truly, Isa