Friday, November 04, 2011

Shameless Advertising

Needs:

Your Need: The holidays are fast approaching and you need to get out and buy those Christmas gifts. Or maybe you just want a lunch out with your friends. Or maybe you need a date night with your husband. Or there is a work Christmas party. All of these are best accomplished sans kids. Now I know you love them...But I also know you need some time without them.

My Need: I have been unable to get a job for the short amount of time I am in California before I move mid-January. And I have this Auntie complex that flares up and can only be taken care of by kids. The combination of loving kids and having a lot of free time (and bills) means we could probably work out a killer deal that benefits us both. really is a win-win.


Experience:
I have been doing child-care of some form since I was 11 years old and was hopping over the back wall to watch the neighbor's son for a few hours in the afternoon. I am willing to watch kids ages...well any age, really. No child is too difficult (trust me, I've had some winners). I am not scared by late nights or early mornings. I change diapers, do bottles, make food, play outside, watch tv, rock the babies, sing, bathtime...pretty much everything but nursing.

FAQ:
1. what do you charge?: well...that is always a subject I don't like talking about. It's like...am I telling you how valuable i think my time/services are? Or am I telling you how much I think you should be valuing your kids and their child care. So I'll just let you pay me what you think is appropriate/what i deserve/what your kids deserve. =)
2. what if I don't have kids/already have a babysitter and this post is useless to me: Well I'm sure you know someone with kids or without a babysitter. soo....maybe you should pass this on to them! If you know I'm trustworthy, then you can put in a good word ;)
3. do you drive? Yes I do. And even though the pictures from previous posts might make you think otherwise, I CAN get there in one piece (my truck, maybe not so much). I have driven all the way from Claremont to Moorpark to South Bay to do babysitting. That is a pretty wide net, just fyi.
4. um what if I'm a babysitter and you're trying to steal my business: I'm not trying to steal your business. but as competitors, we must remember that our primary goal is to bring a service to our client. so if you are unavailable, you can refer them to me for a one-time deal. If they choose my services over yours next time? well...that can't be helped. =)
5. would you ever come become a permanent nanny for my family? even if we live in another state? well it's been known to happen before. but you'd have a tough time topping the pretty sweet deal I'm getting. i mean...she IS my niece. =)

Contact:
If this piques your interest at all, feel free to contact me. my generic email address is: suzanneklotzle@gmail.com. then we can do the whole number exchange thing. I would love to help you out during this busy time of the year!

Picture this. let your mind go there.

Scenario 1: You're walking through a bustling Target...searching for the perfect gift. you are able to move with ease and make your decisions quickly. there are no hands touching all the displays. No child-left-behind at the talking barbie aisle. No, "Mommy I want this one pleeeease can we just buy this one today, pleeeease!?" The next three stops will be made with just as much ease..no car seats, no head counts, no potty stops. and you think in the back of your mind, "ahh the kids are safe and happy. So glad Suzy has no life and could come over short notice."

Scenario 2: You and your Husband are out at a candle-lit dinner. All the food is on the table, and not on the floor. There is not a plastic sippy-cup in sight. You are being looked at with envy by the other tables for your lovely relationship, instead of disgust because your child keeps yelling. You look at the clock and it says 8:30, which means the night has just begun instead of needing to rush home for bedtimes. you shoot a quick text to your trusty babysitter, "Hey we'll be back a little late...we're going for coffee and dessert." (both of which are foreign words to your dining-out vocabularies).

I know you want this. YOU know you want this. your spouse wants this. it is a worthy investment.

Shameless Advertising at its best =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOLD. Can you come over tomorrow night?
:-)
Carol

L, Ann and boys said...

Hey there! =) I hopped over from your comment on our blog. The baby sitting advertisement is dreamy. ;) I'm not sure where you are located though and didn't try to find in on the blog since it's not likely to be listed. Shoot me an e-mail on your distance from here: schafera@gmail.com

We've got a great sitter but she's at marching band sometimes. ;)